Chempak fertiliser users

RUFUS HOUND

Hi all, on with my first grow and I have 2 little ladies bursting through the soil (still waiting on last one) so not ready for feed as yet.

I have got myself No.2 (Hign N2) and No.8 (low N2) and I was wondering what strength did you start off with no.2 and when did you start to use it and for how long?

I didnt know where to ask about feeds/nutes for soil/compost growing - so please feel free to move it to the right section.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

what strength did you start off with

There's instructions on the box or google, I think @Amarillo slim uses chempak, he'll see this tag and be able to help...:yep:

• Like 3

Hi and thanks for tagging him in - I have the box and there are instructions (general application) but wondered if anybody has any specific dosage info for canna.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

specific dosage info for canna.

You should feed on every watering so a diluted solution will be best...I read one scoop to 10 ltrs for frequent watering,

maybe take it even lower to start with, you'll soon see if they're hungry and then you can increase the dose.

Easier to do that than try and deal with over-fertilised plants

• Like 4

I feed 3 scoops in 25 litres throughout veg.

In flower I start on 3 scoops per 25 litres and move up to 4 or 5 if they need it.

• Like 4

When you start to feed depends on factors such as what medium you're in and if roots have filled the pot etc.  For example with a potting compost you might feed only water for first few weeks / until pot is filled then begin liquid feed, or inert medium like coir you want to be feeding right from the start.   

I generally just stick to the recommended amount for frequent watering as mentioned 1 scoop to 10L, both in veg and flower.  Some plants are more 'hungry' and in these cases slightly higher concentrations are used - a case of playing it by ear .    

• Like 4

Thanks again guys, you have put my mind at rest

Im itching for them to them to start growing and get into the feeding and training - going to try a basic scrog using netting with 2 inch 50mm holes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

Thanks again guys, you have put my mind at rest

If you want info, say wanting to know about chempak, its worth putting in search of all content and you should find every post with chempak in it.

I found I first made posts about chempak in 2003 here.

I don't use chems but would advise to take care as they are very strong and its easy to over fertilise.

• Like 10

Although I was in coco i used 2 of their scoops in 12 lt of water.

I don't remember having to use more that  than whether it was grow or bloom tbh.

Be careful with it and it'll do your plants well.  I've found that using the recommended dose can be a little high for some strains so less is more in that regard and is a case of reading the plants until you get used to things.

• Like 5

Cheers peeps, its great to have sound advice from those that have used it previously.

I will take it easy when feeding them this rocket fuel - When I start feeding I will do it at 1/2 regular dosage maybe even 1/4 and work my way up to a full dose of 4g (scoop) in 10 litres.

I only wish they made it weaker - 1g to 4g in 10 litres is mental