Help please

JJuknewbie

Hey family on my 1st run and notice these small black bugs crawling at the bottom of the main stem. Would be appreciate any advice on the best action to take. There are auto and on the last week. I'm worried because I've got another 3 plants in tent that so far don't look like they've been effected. Growing in coco if that helps. Thanks everyone large.Screenshot_2021-05-23-17-33-03-78.jpglarge.Screenshot_2021-05-23-17-32-55-64.jpg

The problem is with it being so late into flowering as you've mentioned can't use stuff like neem oil to spray only thing I can find that could help is ordering some beneficial insects such as lady bugs.. 

unless anyone else has an organic solution!?

• Like 1

Thanks Bob Was wondering that but also heard with hps lights they fly directly on them and die. Feels a bit harsh having a ladybird suicide tent. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JJuknewbie said:

Thanks Bob Was wondering that but also heard with hps lights they fly directly on them and die. Feels a bit harsh having a ladybird suicide tent. 

ah only just had a quick google to see didn't read into it.. yeah we are all about love and peace after all lol

hopefully, someone with some more knowledge on this subject will reply. 

• Like 1

I'm not 100% sure that they are aphids, 

@ratdog, @Owderbare usually pretty good at pest identification :yep:

For treating fungus gnats I've recently got some nematodes, 

that company also do predators for aphids. 

Once you have a definite ID on them it should be fairly easy figuring out the best treatment. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

Edited by Shumroom
ID not I'd
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, JJuknewbie said:

@Military Grade hey buddy don't know if you got any solutions. Much appreciated

Sorry dude i'm not experienced in pests other than Fungus Gnats lol

• Like 2

Thanks @Military Grade appreciate it. Just out of curiosity what's your protocol on gnats. Just yellow insect trap. Do you still get them now or do you have a prevention method. Thanks again for getting back 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JJuknewbie said:

Thanks @Military Grade appreciate it. Just out of curiosity what's your protocol on gnats. Just yellow insect trap. Do you still get them now or do you have a prevention method. Thanks again for getting back 

When i first got them i believe i was keep my soil too wet all the time(classic starting mistake) and ended up using hydrogen peroxide mixed with water to kill the larvae(a bit over the top i know lol ) and also did get some yellow sticky pads in there. the second grow i made sure i did better wet and dry cycles and the only few i had got stuck to the sticky pads and soon disappeared for good. now i'm not sure i've got lucky with my bags of compost since but i've haven't seen them since and not sure if that's down to my wet and dry cycles or lucky bags of compost.  Saying that when i pot up my next two seedlings i've decided to try clover compost so in a month or two i could be swimming in Gnats lol

Edited by Military Grade
Spelling
  • Like 1