Power Plant Auto

crazy-sheep

Thanks to Tony and the DP Team for sending me some of these to try outdoor in the wet Welsh weather 

large.9F2B41C1-5BD0-433C-A052-EF2840F529F7.jpeg

Placed in water overnight and then in tissue just now

large.DE10485A-BB34-4BC3-BE1F-17EAA96E4993.jpeg

This is the plot they are going, this photo was before the 2020 season

large.ADB0AAC7-227B-4B4A-B91B-C5A06A8D74F2.jpeg

It’s had a lot more work done over the winter.

Bone meal, chicken poo pellets, Fish Blood and Bone, coco and mulch from broken down bracken and Japanese Knotweed 

Im going to extend it when I go to plant out as I was sent Devil XXL Auto from Gnomes seeds to try.

Reason for using this plot is that it’s next to a dual carriageway and has street lamps along one side which messed up flowering of the 2 nearest photoperiod plants I had in here last season

Hoping the lights help as the plants will get sun all day and lamps all night

Hopefully these are good against mould as the plot is damp as it’s all clay so water don’t drain very well 

Hoping this shit May weather means that September is dry. :yep:

Good luck to all this year

• Like 10

Just watered these with a very week fish mix and seaweed 

large.4DAF7DE0-B598-4364-BA88-0B91FDEC4C75.jpeg

14 seeds soaked and 2 have died so maybe 12 going out but there’s 1 not to good looking so maybe 11

The plot will need extending a few feet but I have a few coco blocks and half bag of compo to add to the clay to help make it more fluffy

Will update in a day or two once iv planted them out.

• Like 3

Plants now in the ground.

large.712A3E6D-1D59-4DC5-A4C9-680CE18B6DDA.jpeglarge.9BC4FB66-6CE2-44F4-B5E6-8DFF5C0371EC.jpeg

Soil was still wet as it’s clay, it’s had loads of mulch, coco and compost from last year and more mulch during winter but all the rain we have had has made the soil compact. 

Hopefully iv added enough to break it down enough for the autos to grow properly  

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

Hi m8 i done these indoors and had the dreaded bud-rot,but only in the 1,plant so they should b ok outdoors im trying to remember if it was due to environment?um yeah was due to me not extracting out of flat,ducting too short,so humidity was a tad high but tidy plants quite big some real tall done 19 an achieved ova 80"oz's so should fly up with our weather were having s,wales area all the best buddy try and upload some pics but using my phone a min so bear wiv me ,,.Chris.

• Like 2

Decided to go water them as we had 4 days of sun.

At plant out I filled the water bottles up from a shallow stream and hid them just in case the stream dried up cos of the spring/summer heat.

large.B0E66979-B6B6-4AC4-AF47-2F0761CFA65A.jpeg

Glad I did as you can see it’s dried up 

plot pic

large.BFDAD66F-D4B5-4061-B038-780577051F66.jpeg

Not much growth in these over the past few weeks that they have been out but not a pre flower in site  so we know it’s still growing in veg as it stands

large.4E4B7570-665B-45B6-B292-5D20CFA64C03.jpeg

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

Went back to water them with some SOP ready for flower. The plants are starting to flower now so hopefully the stretch and get a bit bigger.

They are ranging from 1.5 to 2 feet. The gnomes seeds Devil xxl autos are a week or two flowering and are as tall as 2.5 feet

large.086E54B7-C844-457A-A9D8-A44BEA75B7C5.jpeg

Look hungry but the soil have had loads of ffb, bone meal, chicken poo pellets through winter and spring so must be ph issues with the clay based soil

• Like 3

Get worm charming :)

Seriously if you dig some holes and find a hundred worms,

chuck them onto the plot.

They'll improve the ground,

taking your mulch down into the soil and aerating as they go.

Atb

:yinyang:

Edited by Shumroom
Eta spelling they, not the :)
  • Like 3

Went to give a little water cos it’s high temps tomorrow 

large.5BF8802B-AFC7-419B-9203-C16FFF0ACF88.jpeglarge.A9F26C34-CF36-454F-B7B6-979EBC5A95E5.jpeg

They are a week in flower now but there is loads of slug damage and o forgot pellets and couldn’t find any on plants so they must be hiding in the mulch

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Sad to say that these do not do well in the Welsh wet weather 

large.1859642D-93B8-45A1-B10C-AFED8824FCAB.jpeg

They need a few weeks but all are rotting already sadly 

Thanks for the seeds , always worth trying new strains as you could find a gem of a strain one day 

• Like 1