What do you do?

RiddimSi

Hi... just a quick question really about what everyone does with their used coco?... not able to throw away with the trash or take to the local tip... I was thinking of burning it?... is it flammable?... just seeing what everyone does...

Cheers for the advice and help x

You can reuse it, I get 3 or sometimes 4 runs but then it breaks down too much.  I dump it at the tip in the compost bin, no one gives a flying.  Just get rid of any green and all the stem/stump. I keep some growth on my garden I can cut back as cover if I've got loads to get rid of. 

Cheers for your replies...

I am still reasonably new to growing and only on my 2nd grow... 

I was just looking into what everyone does... yeah re-using is an option... was just wondering if it is flammable. 

I'm sure you could burn it if you really wanted to, would take a fair while to dry it out I imagine. You could just spread it over a flower bed, or somewhere similar.

Down the recycling centre with the soil and rubble. It looks close enough to compost. It's better when it doesn't have perlite in it (same for compost).

I like to break root balls up if they've been in square pots. 

Perlite and squares =Cannabis grower. 

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

... You could just spread it over a flower bed, or somewhere similar.

+1

I'd dig it into my garden. Re-use it somehow. Start a compost heap, maybe!

I save the compost from my grows & use it for gardening, give it to neighbours (whom I trust), etc.

• Like 2