Rooted cuttings

Ey up folks. I’m fairly confident of what to do but thought I’d ask what others do and their opinion.

After numerous attempts I finally got a few cuttings to root in jiffy’s. 

Do I wait for a good bit of rootmass or just knowing it’s rooted to the plug is enough to crack on and pot up? 

Also what size would be sensible to pot into? I’m hoping to flower some out and keep one back as a mam.

41 minutes ago, mr rhino said:

As soon as you have 2 or 3 roots poke through they are good to pot up, 4 or 6 inch pots are good.

I usually wait a few days up to a week after noticing roots to ensure the roots are well established so as to not damage them when transplanting.

I however use little 2" pots filled with peat moss....
Knocking them out too early can cause the weight of the medium to break apart and take out some roots with it.

If in jiffy's or root-it cubes you can pretty much pot up as soon as youve got a few roots...

• Like 2

@fatboy77 there’s 3 pics here pretty representative of the 12 cuttings. Some only just rooting and others showing a fair number then the ones in between. 

Didnt realise there’s different sized jiffy’s. They’re quite small like. I took the cuttings about a week or so ago.

large.CCB692A8-1F62-488A-804D-C885D0AD9332.jpeglarge.3F53BD74-2F53-49E7-A2BE-1F039A5C0E02.jpeglarge.32606741-4AD2-4DDE-B92C-C8C5480FEA5F.jpeg

Cheers @mr rhino I’ll have a dig around see what I’ve got. 

• Like 2

That’s me job before bed then. What about watering them in folks? Treat it as I would potting up a seedling like? 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, mikeydoughnut said:

That’s me job before bed then. What about watering them in folks? Treat it as I would potting up a seedling like? 

:yep:

• Like 2

I stopped using jiffys  i find they dry out to quick...

Can't beat just taking the cutting, filling pots up with soil, water in, place cutting in pot, then chuck the pots in a see through carrier bag and tie top, leave for 2 weeks,  job done..

Saves pissing about with jiffys.

• Like 1

@mr rhino aye I found that out pretty sharpish. I’ve sprayed them a couple of times. Next lot I’ll do straight into a pot with the bag method. I’m sure that’s owderbs method except multiple cuts per pot then separated. 

It’s took me ages to manage it so I just hope I can pull it off again! Cheers bud :yep:

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, mikeydoughnut said:

@mr rhino aye I found that out pretty sharpish. I’ve sprayed them a couple of times. Next lot I’ll do straight into a pot with the bag method. I’m sure that’s owderbs method except multiple cuts per pot then separated. 

It’s took me ages to manage it so I just hope I can pull it off again! Cheers bud :yep:

Yeah i should of mentioned i did steal the idea off @Owderb :yep:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I rate an aeroponic prop over jiffys, less fuckin about. 

Heres some roots after 12 days

large.IMG_2351.jpg

Edited by 1312
  • Like 2