Wilma owners

Mk3

Hi guys, I'm away for a week in June and looking at options to keep the girls alive whilst I'm gone. 4 x 16L Fabric pots in coco (not pebbles), the wilma system looks ideal but I was wondering how often the res needed tweaking for PH and EC? 

Mix my nutes in a tank at the moment before hand watering and the PH drops by 0.1 every 2 days so not a huge problem, just unsure if it would fluctuate more due to the fact it re uses the run off. 

Same with EC - my EC in my res stays stable but unsure how much it would change once its being recirculated in the wilma res?

Seems like a pretty simple system but any other hints or tips getting to grips with setting up would be appreciated 

Thanks in advance

Hi Mk3,

I used to use a Wilma recirculating with pebbles, and yes you would get fluctuation as with all recirculating systems. There are so many variables though (environment, water, strain, plant size, nutes) you will get a 'feel' for what you need as you monitor things giving a good guestimate for your week away.

Unfortunately I don't have experience with recirculating when in coco, as I chose drain to waste when using that medium. All things considered this was better for me and may possibly be an option for yourself.

I had an external nutrient tank, and used a maxijet pump feeding dripper lines with the blue 'flood' drippers. I would then turn pump on and time how long each watering took. This gave a me a fairly accurate idea of how long to set an electronic minute timer for when I needed to go away.

This would just be an extension of what you are already doing, good luck

• Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 3:47 PM, HazeHobby said:

Hi Mk3,

I used to use a Wilma recirculating with pebbles, and yes you would get fluctuation as with all recirculating systems. There are so many variables though (environment, water, strain, plant size, nutes) you will get a 'feel' for what you need as you monitor things giving a good guestimate for your week away.

Unfortunately I don't have experience with recirculating when in coco, as I chose drain to waste when using that medium. All things considered this was better for me and may possibly be an option for yourself.

I had an external nutrient tank, and used a maxijet pump feeding dripper lines with the blue 'flood' drippers. I would then turn pump on and time how long each watering took. This gave a me a fairly accurate idea of how long to set an electronic minute timer for when I needed to go away.

This would just be an extension of what you are already doing, good luck

I've been doing some research and your way of doing it sounds a lot more suitable for what I need, I'm going to stick my mock up plans in a thread just to check I'm not missing anything obvious, if you could have a look over it that would be great! Thanks mate

• Like 1