A Scrog Outdoor ?

paradiseseeds

Hello !

Everybody knows that a Scrog can be very useful indoor, but 

It is Possible to Scrog Outdoor Cannabis Plants?

Let's see and maybe try it for this summer...

large.scrogoutdoor.jpg

While the scrogging method is more commonly associated with the indoor grow room, it is also possible to scrog outdoor cannabis and there are some real advantages to using this method.

Have a Funny&Sunny time !!!!

:D

Edited by paradiseseeds
  • Like 1

But scrogs are to even the canopy as light can't get low down the plant. When you consider how far the sun is I doubt an extra 12inches will make much difference lol 

• Like 2

I cant see the benefits to this.. as @KC said scrogs are to maximise the space for light penetration... neither are an issue outside.. it may be useful to folk with garden grows for stealth reasons and if they lack in space.. prefer the freedom of nature for my girls when outside.. but interesting to watch this mind..pls update :yep:

• Like 1

Have you not seen the outdoor plants they grow in places like Oregon? They’re trained plants and grow into enormous trees because their surface area has been increased, therefore absorbing more energy. Of course an outdoor scrog is a good idea, it’s science!

• Like 1

2 years in a row I've experimented with tying down tops of plants outdoors in an attempt to achieve a more even canopy of growth, for improved sunlight penetration and to get the lower branches to compete with the apical growth tip. I tested it with Green Poison from Sweet Seeds and with Red Purps from Female Seeds. Both test subjects had an improved yield in comparison to their untrained sisters, with side branches reaching up to produce 'main cola' like growth. 

I think in a guerilla style grow, tying tops down in a northly direction is sufficient to achieve similar results that one aims to achieve by scrogging, with considerably less effort involved (10 minutes per plant per season..). As @Revive says, I'd think it more likely a garden grower might play with/benefit from this. 

Having said that, there are multiple guerillas that train their plants quite intensively and the results are often very impressive. Not scrog, but fimming/topping and then tying down the many tops that this method produces. Although, one must not forget that mould is a challenge for outdoor growers; creating concentrated dense growth may not be the best idea for everyone.. 

Anyhow, there's a good debate to be had here about what methods are best suited to the outdoor grower in different situations I'm sure. I'll be interested to see an outdoor scrog if anyone tries it out, but I personally will stick to tying down tops in a northerly direction. 

Just my 2c.

• Like 2
Just now, HullFeltMashematician said:

Although, one must not forget that mould is a challenge for outdoor growers; creating concentrated dense growth may not be the best idea for everyone.. 

+1 on this.. tbh I never thought that far ahead. Im sure this too would pose a bigger risk than what we generally have to face being outdoors.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Monkey Puzzle said:

Have you not seen the outdoor plants they grow in places like Oregon? They’re trained plants and grow into enormous trees because their surface area has been increased, therefore absorbing more energy. Of course an outdoor scrog is a good idea, it’s science!

Trying to maintain huge plants in a guerilla environment is pretty dam stressful imo.. trying to battle with winds alone is enough and quite risky if not carried out correctly.. checking for mould later in flower is almost impossible too, last season I would have needed a step ladder to check my tops also i guess this would deffo increase the number of visits to the plot in order to maintain it? ..its a fair point you make though dude. But does it fit with outdoor guerilla grows.. im not so sure

Edited by Revive
On 04/05/2021 at 2:47 PM, HullFeltMashematician said:

Anyhow, there's a good debate to be had here about what methods are best suited to the outdoor grower in different situations I'm sure. I'll be interested to see an outdoor scrog if anyone tries it out 

I'm interested too;) and about all others methods also !

Beautiful day :D

• Like 1