Defoliating an auto

The Green Manalishi

I have a couple of Cream Caramel autos that are in desperate need of a hair cut, what would you guys suggest? :smokin:large.A8017067-E627-435A-8290-FFF35965CC3D.jpeg

• Like 1

Leave them be. Nothing there needs removing at all. 

You have lovely healthy plants with a nice open canopy. Any leaves you remove will be of nothing but detriment to the plant 

• Like 7

Looking well mate. Just popped a couple of these myself. Hopefully get some good results.

Keep that canopy open mate and the air flowing. Looking good

• Like 2

Lovely smoke that Cream Caramel, enjoy. As above, your plants looking good and healthy!

atb

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Leave them be. Nothing there needs removing at all. 

You have lovely healthy plants with a nice open canopy. Any leaves you remove will be of nothing but detriment to the plant 

It’s hard to tell from the pic but there is so many bud sites that are being obscured by big fan leaves, I tuck them away from one, I’m blocking another, but yeah probably best to leave them alone :yep:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, EarLobe said:

Looking well mate. Just popped a couple of these myself. Hopefully get some good results.

Keep that canopy open mate and the air flowing. Looking good

First time with autos, gifted from a friend, we both started the grow together, his isn’t doing to good, kinda small with with very little side branching. :smokin:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KiwiGold said:

Lovely smoke that Cream Caramel, enjoy. As above, your plants looking good and healthy!

atb

Thanks man, if all goes to plan harvest mid June  :smokin:

3 minutes ago, The Green Manalishi said:

First time with autos, gifted from a friend, we both started the grow together, his isn’t doing to good, kinda small with with very little side branching. :smokin:

You can hit the genetic lottery with Autos sometimes mate. I'm on my 4th run and every pack I've had has had a; runt, a mutant and 2 worth growing out, out of my 4 pots, every time.... They don't give you much wriggle room to stress or cock up unfortunately!!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, EarLobe said:

You can hit the genetic lottery with Autos sometimes mate. I'm on my 4th run and every pack I've had has had a; runt, a mutant and 2 worth growing out, out of my 4 pots, every time.... They don't give you much wriggle room to stress or cock up unfortunately!!!

My mate says the same thing about autos, he gave me a couple to see how I would get on with them, and to be honest they have been a blast to grow, 40 odd days old and they are almost up to my chin, defo no used to this kinda speed of growth, can definitely see myself doing more of these :smokin: 

Haha funnily enough I've just done the same with a pal of mine. Trying to convince him of the ease of autos and how quick they can grow but it turned out he wasn't much of a gardener to begin with!

I have no plans to go back to photos for the foreseeable future myself man. Hoping for 4 individual grows this season...

• Like 1

This looks amazing, very healthy looking! :yep:

Personally, I would remove the large leaves that block the light or even carefully 'open' the plant so that the branches have more space between them. The second option is possibly the best, with the help of ropes, making LST. In this way the plant is not stressed.  ;)

Sweet smokes,
- Apolo

• Like 1

I have acquired some stainless steel wire from work, I’ll get the top of the pots drilled for anchor points and get these girls opened up a little bit. :yep:

• Like 1