best replacement for glass greenhouse

rickxuk

My neighbour has offered to give me his glass greenhouse free of charge however most of the pieces of glass are damaged and would need to be replaced which won't be cheap.

Do any of you guys know of a good alternative to glass that I can use to save me having to spend hundreds of pounds to get the glass replaced?

I saw someone selling a full spectrum plastic sheeting but they said it can only be used in polytunnels?

I swapped out my glass to polycarb,  it holds the heat better in colder temps, it can be slightly opaque helping in security & uv terms.   

Cheap to buy especially in full sheet and cut yourself,  still use the traditional greenhouse glass clips or bond it in ith sikaflex.   

I did ours and have had great results :) 

• Like 3

Plastic sheets dot com, 1m x 2.4m of 4mm double wall will only cost ya £3. They do a calculator if you know what sizes you need :yep:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Flamedodger said:

Plastic sheets dot com, 1m x 2.4m of 4mm double wall will only cost ya £3. They do a calculator if you know what sizes you need :yep:

If you can link me to a sheet 1 x 2.4 for 3 quid,  I buy 20 of them right now. Everywhere I've looked a sheet that size is £40 or more. :( 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AngryDuck said:

If you can link me to a sheet 1 x 2.4 for 3 quid,  I buy 20 of them right now. Everywhere I've looked a sheet that size is £40 or more. :( 

Sorry dude, might of got my mm and m mixed up. You can still get 600mm by 1200mm of twin wall polycarbonate for under a tenner, the twin wall is cheaper than solid and will keep your greenhouse warmer in the winter. That's pretty decent :yep:

• Like 1