New grower

Yoyobaggins

Hi guys,

I am finally in a position where I can start growing soon, once I get my loft boarded up!

I was thinking of running a 3x3 tent, I have been looking around for gear but I would love some input/help from the community with what stuff I should get.

Below is a rough shopping list (incomplete)

Tent

Light:

Extractor fan: 

The above fan is out of stock, and it's rather large, I was thinking a 4" fan would be enough for a 3x3, correct? I do require a very low noise fan, any recommendations? 

Still looking at plant food as well but fancy going organic, will have to look into that more. 

Any other tips/ticks and recommendations are welcomed! 

Edited by Joolz
to remove amazon and other commercial links

1 hour ago, Yoyobaggins said:

once I get my loft boarded up!

Growing in lofts, sheds and such have extremes of temperature, recommend you spend some cash on good insulation.

Have a look at my shed build thread and you'll see what I've done, get some idea of equipment as well...tag me if I can help bud.

large.SSCN0910.JPGlarge.SSCN0900.JPG

Good luck

:oldtoker:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stu914 said:

Growing in lofts, sheds and such have extremes of temperature, recommend you spend some cash on good insulation.

Have a look at my shed build thread and you'll see what I've done, get some idea of equipment as well...tag me if I can help bud.

large.SSCN0910.JPGlarge.SSCN0900.JPG

Good luck

:oldtoker:

Nice one pal, appreciate the tips. Just had a look at the loft today, I've only got insulation on the floor, nothing around the sides of the roof, so I will be putting in some insulation before boarding up the loft. 

1 hour ago, Yoyobaggins said:

boarding up the loft.

While you're doing this you need to consider where to locate your ventilation intake/exhaust...

It's best to exhaust to the outside all year round but intake from outside in summer, inside the house in winter...:yep: