Some watery questions

Gaijin

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

want to post up a link to the scientific study?

genuinely interested now...

Id have to trawl Google. I just remember the figures from that particular study off the top of my head.  

A good place to start would be the thread ratdog posted. Lots of good info and a few links to some studies to wet your whistle mate 

• Like 2

@Joint hogger Morning mate and thanks for the welcome :) 

So.

First things first: I’ve been “researching” this project for months, but after a week on this wonderful forum, I realise that most of my search results must have been posted by salesmen!! So the list below is probably half the size it was a week ago :rolleyes:

2 x Maxibright 669w Pro

2 x Budbox Pro 1.5 x 1.5, white interior 

2 x AC Infinity Cloudline S8 inline fans with their controller 67 and ducting

2 x 8” Rhino Pro filters

2 x 1.2 x 1.2 flexible tray liners

plastic grating to sit the fabric pots on. It seems to me that you wouldn’t want the pots sitting in runoff. 
Dutch Pro soil/hard water nutes 

2 x 1.5 x 1.5 support/scrog nets. 
2 x Meross 4 way smart strips to control lights and usb powered circulation fans 

USB fans. 6 maybe? I truly don’t know what to expect regarding tent temperatures. I’ve read that a fan above the LEDs to force warm air down to the canopy. 
2 x Romberg 1.2 x 1.2 heat mats

Assorted jugs and syringes

2 x Inkbird digital thermostats to control the heat mats and potentially some other heat source 

Some kind of heavy duty bucket with a tap and hose. Thinking to use gravity to help me water

Was thinking cheap wet ax to hoover out and runoff below the plastic grating

sine Ecothrive Charge that no one has talked me out of trying ..... yet ... 

Exothrive neutralise .... again, not talked out of it yet, but almost lol 

Now ..... pots. How many plants in which size pots???? lol Someone here said that 9 x 12 litre is about right for a 1.5 x 1.5 tent. But it seems that there’s quite a few options there! I’ve tied down plants outside before, to much success. Attempting a scrog grow on my first indoor grow doesn’t scare me. But how many plants in what size pots? 

Similarly, what do you think about 9 plants in 12 litre pots? Would, say, 4 plants be better in bigger pots? I really don’t know what to go with on this topic. 
That list is quite a bit shorter than it was before I found this wonderful place lol

And I’m truly open to any and all suggestions and critiques on the above. Have at it lol 

Looking forward to your reply! 

Have you not read all the posts slagging Rhino Pros off? I won't quote them as I'd need to find them. Can't really say much about them myself, I've only even owned one, It's in my veg tent and seems ok at the moment. 

Off topic i know!

As for water, I leave mine in a bucket over night, just for the temp then if I need any more I just add warm water to whatever I've got from the tap. 

There's no need trying to plan the little details like numbers, just get the environment correct and then pop some seeds down. You might get not enough to germ in which case you can just veg for longer, or too many means you can do smaller pots (less veg).  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gaijin said:

Ecothrive Charge that no one has talked me out of trying

good stuff I use it on a top watered coco tip

another thing you might want to consider is a 100L flexitank, with or without tap at the bottom. Im currently using a 50L flexitank for 4 plants, and it lasts me a weeks worth (massive 22L fabric pots though, way too big - 1st grow - knew no better)

next grow is 8 X 12L fabric pots. have the 100L flexitank on standby. so approx a weeks worth of water, thats how I roll...

other than that as the other guy said - dont over think it - just get going and work with what you see.

rest of you kit looks OK to me

mysticriver 

• Like 1

Plant no.s and pot size dictate your veg period.  9x12L will fill a 5x5 ready to flip in 7ish weeks, depending on skill. 

4x25L pots will take closer to 3 months to fill the space, again dependent on skills. 

80x2L pots would take about 3 weeks to fill the same space. 

22 minutes ago, KC said:

Have you not read all the posts slagging Rhino Pros off? I won't quote them as I'd need to find them. Can't really say much about them myself, I've only even owned one, It's in my veg tent and seems ok at the moment. 

Off topic i know!

As for water, I leave mine in a bucket over night, just for the temp then if I need any more I just add warm water to whatever I've got from the tap. 

There's no need trying to plan the little details like numbers, just get the environment correct and then pop some seeds down. You might get not enough to germ in which case you can just veg for longer, or too many means you can do smaller pots (less veg).  

Oh my. Another order basket change coming up 

So .......... not Rhino Pros? 

Ahhhhhh so you can basically Veg until you've filled enough of the tent to start flowering. Ok, that makes sense

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mysticriver said:

good stuff I use it on a top watered coco tip

another thing you might want to consider is a 100L flexitank, with or without tap at the bottom. Im currently using a 50L flexitank for 4 plants, and it lasts me a weeks worth (massive 22L fabric pots though, way too big - 1st grow - knew no better)

next grow is 8 X 12L fabric pots. have the 100L flexitank on standby. so approx a weeks worth of water, thats how I roll...

other than that as the other guy said - dont over think it - just get going and work with what you see.

rest of you kit looks OK to me

mysticriver 

Ok that's good to know. It did look interesting, the Charge stuff

Forgot to add a tank to the list. I liked the look of the flexitanks, just wasn't sure. I'll take another look now

Just now, Gaijin said:

Ok that's good to know. It did look interesting, the Charge stuff

Forgot to add a tank to the list. I liked the look of the flexitanks, just wasn't sure. I'll take another look now

the flexitanks are good. think you can also get insulated ones. ive got a watering system (for the next one) that uses a bubblegen v2. ive tee'd off it and there's a pump on the other end. ive got watering rigs made out of 4mm pipe. so I can open the tap on the flexitank, and all 8no plants will be fed at a rate of 0.2L p/Sec.

ive a diary coming up that will have some pics im sure.

mysticriver 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fatboy77 said:

Plant no.s and pot size dictate your veg period.  9x12L will fill a 5x5 ready to flip in 7ish weeks, depending on skill. 

4x25L pots will take closer to 3 months to fill the space, again dependent on skills. 

80x2L pots would take about 3 weeks to fill the same space. 

I guess it would be impossible to explain when to flip a grow to someone that hasn't ever done it. I'll have a diary going on here, I'm sure. Hopefully someone screams at me to flip before I have to cut the roof out of the tent to raise the light lol 

80 x 3L  - I do now have a better understanding of the term SOG. We already had that talk lol Yes, so many many small pots, short short veg time resulting in 80 nice big colas. Supposedly a pretty damn good yield this method. I'm tempted lol Might wait until I've had a bit of experience at growing ANYTHING under lights. We'll see 

47 minutes ago, Gaijin said:

2 x AC Infinity Cloudline S8 inline fans with their controller 67 and ducting

I'd probably go for the G.A.S fans like the revolution EC fans. Pricey but worth it.

47 minutes ago, Gaijin said:

2 x 8” Rhino Pro filters

Carboair or Phresh filters for me, I'd never use a rhino again.

48 minutes ago, Gaijin said:

2 x 1.2 x 1.2 flexible tray liners

Personally I would get the 1.5m2 trays so it fits the entire bottom of the tent, as for equipment just make them fit. If you can see the floor of your tent, you've messed up ! That could've been a bud!!

49 minutes ago, Gaijin said:

Dutch Pro soil/hard water nutes 

There are much better nutes out there than Dutch Pro. Even canna is better!

49 minutes ago, Gaijin said:

Similarly, what do you think about 9 plants in 12 litre pots?

Sounds about right for coco, i'd probably do 9 x 15/20ltrs if growing in compost. Fatboy is right when he says pot size and plant numbers determines veg. You're making sure your space is 50 - 75% full before you flip to flower (if you imagine it as a 2D square), if you try and do that with one plant it'll take ages to get it big enough to flower, but if you've got 9 plants in there its obviously gonna be 9 x quicker !

• Like 2

Just now, mysticriver said:

the flexitanks are good. think you can also get insulated ones. ive got a watering system (for the next one) that uses a bubblegen v2. ive tee'd off it and there's a pump on the other end. ive got watering rigs made out of 4mm pipe. so I can open the tap on the flexitank, and all 8no plants will be fed at a rate of 0.2L p/Sec.

ive a diary coming up that will have some pics im sure.

mysticriver 

I'll keep an eye out for that diary :thumsup:

Just now, GSZZ said:

Carboair or Phresh filters for me, I'd never use a rhino again.

Personally I would get the 1.5m2 trays so it fits the entire bottom of the tent, as for equipment just make them fit. If you can see the floor of your tent, you've messed up ! That could've been a bud!!

There are much better nutes out there than Dutch Pro. Even canna is better!

Ahhh someone else de-recommending Rhino Pro. I see that Carboair have multiple thicknesses of carbon bed depth. Is the 50mm adequate? I'll go have a read on the Phresh 

To be honest I hadn't looked any further than the grow shop website I started out on, and they only had a 1.2 tray. I'll look elsewhere and get the bigger size

What would you say is a high end good nute for soil? I don't mind paying more. Again, the Dutch Pro I chose out of many options on that grow website, simply because I like the green packaging and I've been to Amsterdam twice, 20 years ago lol 

Just now, Gaijin said:

Is the 50mm adequate? I'll go have a read on the Phresh 

60mm is better :yep:

Just now, Gaijin said:

What would you say is a high end good nute for soil?

Growers Ark Soil Grow, Soil Bloom, Extra Traces and Root Tonic. You could get their bio boost or boost it, too, if you wanted.

• Like 2

i would go 50 or 60mm, probs 60 if it is within budget for the carboaire.

the nutes, well canna ionic or vitalink are all decent imho. i wouldnt touch dutch pro, they are garbage imho.

sorry to butt in again but the lights you mention would better cover a 2.4 by 1.2 tent.

if you dont have room for a 2.4 tent i suppose you could go 1.5 square but it would be a compromise.

• Like 2