HomeGrow

Hi All.

This is my first year of growing cannabis and im looking for some advice please.

Ive germinated the three free seeds I got from RGS (am I allowed to name the company?).

The varieties are Fighting Gorillaz Auto, Mazarilla Auto and Gorilla Auto.

I did this a bit early on the 30th March in the propagator, in the greenhouse.

Two girls germinated on the 5th and the  Gorilla Auto on the 8th.

Here is a pick from the 11th of March.

large.weed1.jpg

The girls have been moving from the propagator at night to the greenhouse during the day. Its not ideal as I have to move them early in the morning and its still a bit cold in the greenhouse. I cant leave them in the propagator as that reaches very high temps during the day (the heat nearly killed my chillies).

These are the girls as of yesterday.

large.weed2.jpg

A couple of questions.

When would you repot? I cant see any signs of roots at the bottom of the pot yet. When I do repot, from what I've read it would be best to go into their final pots. Due to the night temps I dont really want to leave them in the cold greenhouse at the moment, so Id like to keep them in these pots for the moment. 

When I report how deep should I plant? They look a bit leggy at the moment. I'm used to growing toms and vegetables and a lot of them I would plant up to the first set of leaves. Is this a good idea with these?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Haven't you got holes at the bottom of the pots ? If you see roots through these holes, time to pot up. Don't miss the moment because if you wait too long, they'll begin flowering. They're small for two weeks, so maybe they haven't develop their root enough to reach the bottom.

As they are autos you want to pot them on before you would pot-on a photoperiod. You don't want the taproot to reach the pot bottom if you can help it as it can stunt them so 10-14 days after sprouting you want to be in final pots if possible.

You get about 3 weeks before they want to start flowering so you will want to cram as much veg growth in as you can and remember that you don't have the wiggle room a photoperiod gives you (for cock-ups/recoveries) as the clock is ticking...

hmm ...I recon , if you were to repot now it would disturb and slow down the growth, autos as said should be in the final pot ideally , but in this case my feeling is you might be better waiting to repot when the roots arent so delicate , I would wait to repot for another week or so when the roots have more structure

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for the advice.

I repotted at the weekend. A mixture of Compost and perlite.

large_ma2.jpglarge_ga2.jpglarge_fa2.jpg

Its still very cold here, with frosts most nights. But at least I've not killed them yet.

Pics as of today.

large.608aecd485762_fa1(2).jpglarge.608aecd93f35e_ga1(2).jpglarge.608aecd0cec64_ma1(2).jpg

• Like 3