During flower accidentally left light on 17hrs any advice?

Red Raw

Need advice,during flower ive accidentally given 17hrs light and lights are due back on at 8pm but that would mean they only get 7hrs of darkness,i want to no whether i give 17 hrs darkness then switch back to 12hrs or put light back on 12/12 which would mean they've had a long day and short night then rather than equal day/night light cycle tia.

Personally I'd extend the dark period by at least 3 or 4 hours just to help counter and reveg tendency, should be fine if its stable genetics

Yeah I agree with the general concensus. You should be OK I have done similar things, like leaving the tent open, contactor dying and lamps not coming on for a day, etc. Maybe, keep your eyes open for any hermie flowers. But I wouldn't sweat about it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fatboy77 said:

Personally I'd extend the dark period by at least 3 or 4 hours just to help counter and reveg tendency, should be fine if its stable genetics

Seedsman,gelato og and cream and cheese.fem photos .that's all i know.I might extend the dark period makes sense really.

Edited by Red Raw

When it happens to me i prolong dark for same period, duno how much sense it makes tho.

5 hours is not a long time, 24h to 48h is what makes them reveg, if you spot salad alike leafs growing from buds you know you messed up.

• Like 1

Photoperiodism in plants is controlled by the dark period, if you fuck up and leave the lights on into the dark period then just keep them on until the next scheduled dark period and then keep going on as normal from there. It's the 12 hours of dark that triggers flowering and keeps them flowering, lights on and off time doesn't really matter as far as flowering goes, they just need the 12 hours unbroken dark time to keep them in the flowering phase.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Red Raw said:

Thank you my friends as you can imagine i panicked.

It's not panic man. It's just concern. Different animals.

• Like 2

Hey @Red Raw

I had a timer bust on me last year and lights were on for 48hr solid - the plants were around 4 weeks into flower - was sure I'd ruined it! - they were fine come harvest time - I was advised to look for hermaphrodite plants daily.

Good luck

• Like 3

Like Booj said, it's the 12hrs dark that matters. Interrupting their sleep cycle is more likely to do harm than giving them extended light. Make sure they get 12hrs kip and they won't know what happened

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JesusChrist said:

Like Booj said, it's the 12hrs dark that matters. Interrupting their sleep cycle is more likely to do harm than giving them extended light. Make sure they get 12hrs kip and they won't know what happened

Bit like people really lol Doesn't matter what time I go to sleep (which is good since I'm plagued by insomnia :doh: ), but once I'm asleep if I don't get at least 6 hours then I'm fit for fuck all and grumpy as fuck lol

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hi fellow growers thanks for the advice,plants are fine and are doing amazing im well happy with my babies nearly ready for harvest, really appreciate all of your input this uk420.com forum is the dogz bollox man,i will definitely be becoming a subscriber thanks to you guys,peace,love,life live it.

• Like 1