Combining LED with HPS or CMH advice please.

bishbashbotany

Just now, badbillybob said:

im just going off my own experience, which was as i listed it earlier. 

you can sit here and try and convince whoever you like, but i know my tent, i know my lights and i can read a thermometer.

i took my temperatures at canopy level (i.e. where it matters)

And since its pretty universally accepted by the entire growing world (apart from yourself), that LEDs run cooler, watt for watt than HPS, its pretty pointless me adding anything else. 

And thats why youre wrong. You should actually read something before you attempt to argue against it. I already explained why you cant take temperatures at canopy level only when comparing the HEAT PRODUCED by both lights. I also do accept that LEDs run cooler. But they produce the same amount of heat. I even explained how they do it, even linking a video showing it in practice. You can deny your own eyes all you want, but facts are facts, and ive provided actual evidence, not "I feel like its true so it must be true", which is exactly what your argument amounts too. At least we can agree on 1 thing, it is pretty pointless you adding anything else. Because you dont have a fucking clue what your talking about. Scientific illiterates like you three are precisely whats holding this world back.

9 minutes ago, EarLobe said:

Once again you've missed the point mate.

And people don't sit in their cars with a hose from the exhaust to the window for a reason...

You havent at any point in time in this entire thread made a single point. What the fuck is there to miss? 

Is the reason incase they end up with as few brain cells as you? Cause I can see that as a very good reason.

Thank you @Davey Jones and @Fatboy77. I was beginning to think I was the only person here who listened in physics class.

Calm down FFS!!!, you're coming across as a ranting fucking maniac, go skin one up and come back in half an hour.

Try diverting your energy to answering the Ops question, its the bit in capitals at the top of the page

• Like 1

A very interesting discussion, so in laymans' term if i am running HPS and my canopy temperatures are say 27/28C and this will climb to excess as the summer heat comes would my plants benefit from changing to LED's for the summer months ? :wassnnme:

Just now, badbillybob said:

Calm down FFS!!!, you're coming across as a ranting fucking maniac, go skin one up and come back in half an hour.

Try diverting your energy to answering the Ops question, its the bit in capitals at the top of the page

Thats it dude. When youve nothing left to stay, change the subject. Well played. And way to expose yourself as not having read what I wrote. I already answered OPs question in my very first post.

Just now, photobat said:

A very interesting discussion, so in laymans' term if i am running HPS and my canopy temperatures are say 27/28C and this will climb to excess as the summer heat comes would my plants benefit from changing to LED's for the summer months ? :wassnnme:

If you are using the same amount of electrical power then the temperatures in a thermally isolated chamber would be identical

If you put 400W of fluorescents in a wardrobe it would be equivalent to a 400W HPS but the HPS lamp produces its lght at a more concentrated point so the whole heat is concentrated there and its fuking red hot and you think HPS is hoptter than a fluorescent but the whole energy input every single last watt is converted to heat in the end.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, photobat said:

Depends on the quality of your HPS and the quality of the LEDs you would replace them with but if its any even remotely modern tech then yes, personally I would.

1 minute ago, ratdog said:

go fuck yourself

Lol. I didnt realise you were that averse to facts. Maybe if you actually learned from others instead of getting angry at knowledge you wouldnt be such a fuckup.

Edited by Lemons&Diesel
  • Like 1

Just now, Lemons&Diesel said:

I didnt realise you were that averse to facts.

i'm not, i'm just adverse to arseholes

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Lemons&Diesel said:

You havent at any point in time in this entire thread made a single point. What the fuck is there to miss? 

Is the reason incase they end up with as few brain cells as you? Cause I can see that as a very good reason.

Sure, angry little man. 

Keep ranting and people here will keep ignoring you. Moron

And the point was. You can copy and paste all you like, you can watch every video you please on YouTube but at no point is any of that better than experience of people who actually grow.

Sure buddy, my brain cells are lacking when you are arguing with people who own thermometers.. :wanker:

Edited by EarLobe
  • Like 1

Guys is there any chance we can get this off a personal level and back to the subject in hand in order that thicko's like me can learn something from this interesting thread, no good or knowledge ever comes out of getting personal imo so can we stay on point please, luv u long time mwahhhh :skin_up:

• Like 1

Just now, ratdog said:

i'm not, i'm just adverse to arseholes

Must get tough living with yourself then.

Just now, EarLobe said:

And the point was. You can copy and paste all you like, you can watch every video you please on YouTube but at no point is any of that better than experience of people who actually grow.

Yeah, actual hard evidence obtained from a thermal imaging camera is no better than sticking your hand under a HPS and going "well thats warm". I see what youre saying. Laws of nature be damned.

4 minutes ago, ratdog said:

go fuck yourself

Why be so hostile to the lad @ratdog

He was right and its no big deal, you learnt something hopefully. I would hope so anyway it would be pure denial to ignore the scientific facts.

Plancks law and all that black body stuff is a head fuck of a complexity lol it makes me laugh how complicated it is

A perfect black body will absorb all of the radiation that falls upon it, emistivity is the ticket. No matter how much of the energy you got into light

The emissivity of the surface of a material is its effectiveness in emitting energy as thermal radiation. Thermal radiation is electromagnetic radiation that may include both visible radiation (light) and infrared radiation, which is not visible to human eyes. The thermal radiation from very hot objects (see photograph) is easily visible to the eye. Quantitatively, emissivity is the ratio of the thermal radiation from a surface to the radiation from an ideal black surface at the same temperature as given by the Stefan–Boltzmann law. The ratio varies from 0 to 1. The surface of a perfect black body (with an emissivity of 1) emits thermal radiation at the rate of approximately 448 watts per square metre at room temperature (25 °C, 298.15 K); all real objects have emissivities less than 1.0, and emit radiation at correspondingly lower rates.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emissivity