damage to growing tips

mudman123

plants not growing well, tips shrunken and distorted, little white specks on leaves yellow patches leaves dying. could this be thrips?  plant eventually dies.  I thought it was thrips but pyrethrum nor velgro seem to be working .bugs on order from defenders uk. any thoughts anyone? Cheers Muddy

Sounds more like some kind of systemic fungal problem the plant may have, if smoking the room hasn't helped at all.

If plants have been getting nibbled, especially by Sciarid flies (fungus gnats), they can transfer things like rust spot to the plant.

Can also be the result of plants being constantly over watered, as mould can infect the roots and become systemic.

As Owd says though, pics can allow someone to confirm the issue.

• Like 1

no pics yet guys because I lost a whole crop this way and have restarted in a new tent small only three weeks old. plants currently OK but one looked a bit peaky so I panicked/I have had plenty of setbacks over many years but never been wiped out. It happened so fast real heartbreaker What I have not seen before is the way the growing tips distorted then died so fast..If,perish the thought,it does come back pics will be sent damn fast thanks for input (thats what she said)    Muddy