No messing about...

zeroG

I got Spidermite, no real problem I believe, if you are prepared to deal with the situation heavy handedly and with convictions and resolution. Im not a fuckabout sort of chap when it comes to my crops...

Im about to purchase Monterray Garden spray, im gonna let this crop flower out,. as its manageable at the momernt with humidity and temps, coincidentally its become noticeable just as im aboiut to drop my temps quite seriously to bring out my GSC purples, with a spradic spray of some 'unbranded' spinosad Ive had for years...Im gonna need a drench as well as the foliar for the remaining much smaller plants in the room, once the biggie is gone I can bleach the room round the littuns, clean it out, spray everythign with a spinosad covering, extraction off obviously, drench the soil and be done...

I have no idea what spinosad i had previously - is Monterray the stuff I should get? Ebay is ful  of people selling a hit for 12 quid, ill just buy the gallon and keep it...Ive had odds and sods over the years, and I do like an OD summer veg cycle, and then flower off inside...against all better advice Ive never had a problem past thrips in 20 odd years, until now...

Advice please...Im gonna pull the trigger tomorrow with something, probably from the states as I dont seem to be able to buy any quantity over the counter in ther UK, i think spinosad is banned here?

KJust thought I'd check in with some fols with spidermite experience...Thanks in advance!

Just now, zeroG said:

Monterray Garden spray

doesn't mention mites in the death list, i would get something with mectin in it

@ratdogany suggestions? never bought an insecacide before... had a look... but theres not 10 choces leaping out at me... :(

I was convinced I read spiderlite in a list somewhere. I probably did, but no in this label. I d/l it as well...

It’s horrid stuff but I only had them once , was dr scimmel from under the counter at some shops , no mention of what it is . It got rid of the mites and affected vegetative  growth for a week . Prob not for use after flowering has well started though .like I say only used it once and they not come back .

Had them once in flower. Sbpi got them through, although there was a bit of a soapy taste to some buds. 

Gutted for ya dude 

10 hours ago, zeroG said:

@ratdogany suggestions? never bought an insecacide before... had a look... but theres not 10 choces leaping out at me... :(

I was convinced I read spiderlite in a list somewhere. I probably did, but no in this label. I d/l it as well...

harkers is very good, but expensive. i'm trying to source a big bottle of ivermectin myself for the future, seems hard to know where from

I went with the Harkers. Reading on another page on the forum;

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/399527-dr-schimmel-spider-mite-spray/ Cheers for that BTW contributers :)

And the general concensus from this chap seemed to ring right with some other threads I was reading. Its bloody expensive, 8,95 for 5ml! I bought 2 just in case, and to save on the delivery. Just over 20squid inc delivery...

1ml 'borg killer' to 1ml water, for a week...

My 'new' plan is; manage the situation for now. Take out the big plant that carries the main infestation, shake and spray down with water, and dry in the garage where its cold. Thats should deal with any live...when I trim, any eggs will be got when I do live ice hash. Ill freeze all the trim off the bat, although the bud to leaf ratio is exceptional, and ice filter it. Ive got 2 plants left in flower. Ill trim and shape ridiculoulsy and hold back any new plants going in for a week while spraying every day...

Can I assume that the mites wil only lay eggs either under/on the leaves, or in the soil? The soil I can get with a stiff ecover/water mix and lather it up, that will coat any eggs and suffocate them...

Anyone else have SAFE attack strategys? lol - I dont like anything that kills arbitrarily, this is noxious stuff. Using it once thoroughly would be my preferred angle, and minimal use as well, so I dont really wanna have to spray my whole room down in the stuff, its not good for insects period, and affects bees...I live in the countryside, I could damage a lot of local wild and dometicised hives...

So this mixes it up a bit, 4.97GBP in Asda today. Its a registereed insectocide, carries all the same contamination and safety warning as the harkers etc, it also says not only is in contact, its also systemic...The Harkers is coming, but for the fiver Im going to see with this as well. The price is probably comparative to Harkers, cause this was a fiver for 1l and you get 5L worth of the harkers...but this is here now, and is widely available, like Provado is too, and both claim contact ands systemic protection from Spidermite specifically...its also sort of opaque white like Spinosad too, im geussing its a water softener and some bug soap...

large.IMG_2232.jpg

does anyone else have a thought or two?

1 hour ago, zeroG said:

its also systemic

not good mate, but it says for fruit, so it must be safe?

Edited by ratdog

I used it tonight on some buds at the back of the room...And I read it again and it says its food safe, right up till harvest...not that I would fancy spraying and then immediately chopping and drying anyway...Im using tit this week for a few days, and thats it, ill run 10 days out un-sprayed to finish up the last 3/4 ill be flushing anyway, I probably wouldnt flush to be honest, if I wasnt using this...