IWS Flood and Drain PRO

Hogro

Soooo I’m just about to purchase an IWS Flood and drain pro system but before I do I have a few questions.

1) I currently run Dutch Pro as my feed, is this computable with this sort of system? I’m assuming I’ll keep away from the recommended EC as I usually have but with the roots being submerged in a solution several times a day should this be kept a fair amount lower than the recommended EC? Obviously whilst reading the plants for signs of under / over feed.

2) Can / should I reduce the number of plants in my space with this system with the added apparent benefits of the increased growth speed. Or keep the same number and just reduce my veg time down further? 

just wanted some outside input before I spend that hard earned money 

Just now, Hogro said:

Soooo I’m just about to purchase an IWS Flood and drain pro system but before I do I have a few questions.

1) I currently run Dutch Pro as my feed, is this computable with this sort of system? I’m assuming I’ll keep away from the recommended EC as I usually have but with the roots being submerged in a solution several times a day should this be kept a fair amount lower than the recommended EC? Obviously whilst reading the plants for signs of under / over feed.

2) Can / should I reduce the number of plants in my space with this system with the added apparent benefits of the increased growth speed. Or keep the same number and just reduce my veg time down further? 

or should I go RDWC.... I’ve been reading the IWS systems have some fairly major problems with roots blocking pipes 

2 hours ago, Hogro said:

I have IWS Pro Flood n drain, i run at around 1.5ec max depending on strain in hydro clay pebbles

I used to have root feed pipe blocking issues with the standard non pro system but so far no issues into wk4 of 12/12 with 4ft high plants, i am running the pots with copper discs in and no sign of rootage in the base pot so far so i don't think i will be having and root blocking issues with this beast, plus i think with a 3000L feed pump it would blow any roots out of the feed pipes when flooding and what with it also being a 25mm internal bore i don't foresee any pipe blocking issues in the future.

Overall its a king compared to the original non pro system, if you require any more info PM me

• Like 2

On 10/04/2021 at 9:21 PM, badbillybob said:

i thought you already had an alien rdwc  system?

No I trialed a single bucked and was looking at a full alien RDWC but Covid ravaged my money so went on the back burner

• Like 1