LED + Ecothrive

GoJetters

Hi guys new to the forum not ganja. Moving soon and have a little space perfect for me in an insulated garage. Below is my proposed set up and research in temps, Humidity, EC and PH etc . Welcome any comments. With my set up is there anything missing will I need an intake vent or just natural vent fine. Wanted to use ECO with RO water and mainly indica strains with good yield. 

BB white 660 1.2m2 - £1134.95
Air Comfort Humidity Sensor- £29.95
Budget Humid Sensor x3 - £27
PH EC Tester - £29.95
Fan speed controller- £47.95
Timer switch - £77.95
RO - £79.95
Root Pouches 56l - £15
Eco Thrive - £104.85
C02 bag - £29.95
Air Con - £50
Heater - £60
Dehumidifier - £40
Heat Mat 120cm x 40cm - £160
X3 Mason Jars - £33
Scrog net - £8.95
MDF Cupboard £100
TOTAL - £2107.15

PH - 6.5-7
S.Temp - 18-23c
W.Temp - 21-26c
A.Temp Day - 22-24c
A.Temp Nyt - 14-16c
Hum Veg - 45-55%
Hum Flo - 35-45%
Dry.Temp and Humid (First 3 Days) - 20c - 50%
Dry.Temp and Humid (After) - 17-18c - 60%
EC Range - 0.8-1.3 Seedlings
EC Range - Veg 1.3-1.8
EC Range - Flo 1.2-2.0

T.I.A 

Hey 951 it's a living soil. Thought EC and PH kit would be an idea to monitor things but I get the logic especially if with RO water should technically be fine. 

Don’t worry about all that, just water from the tap is fine, if you don’t want to take my word for for it do a bit of reading here :) 

• Like 1

951 I'll take all opinions mate not the dismissive type. Would want to filter the water just incase it is not great and has excessive contaminates. Does that set up n research I done so far seem OK? 

Yeah you’ll grow some good weed mate but the RO stuff just isn’t necessary though the living soil has everything you need in it to grow great plants, a bit of top dressing here and there, keep the soil moist and jobs a gooden, it’s very easy to feel sucked into buying all this stuff when you start and that you can’t grow without it 

• Like 1

Be careful using mdf as you can have issues with it off gassing. 

You’re gonna need a proper extraction fan and carbon filter 100%

Those temps you’ve listed are too low. Try and keep it 24 ish even at lights off.

I personally wouldn’t bother with several items you’ve listed, C02 bags for a start. I wouldn’t bother with air con either especially as you’re in a garage 

• Like 3

So RO not needed? Just leave water for 24 hours to remove chlorine? Didn't want to use top dressing unless necessary so I dont get little flies etc?  

2 hours ago, SkullDuggery said:

Be careful using mdf as you can have issues with it off gassing. 

You’re gonna need a proper extraction fan and carbon filter 100%

Those temps you’ve listed are too low. Try and keep it 24 ish even at lights off.

I personally wouldn’t bother with several items you’ve listed, C02 bags for a start. I wouldn’t bother with air con either especially as you’re in a garage 

What do you mean by gassing off mate? Agreed about ventilation. Can i naturally intake or do I need intake to suck in clean ait. Temps thought upto 10 degree change was OK and in doing so bring out the colours in some strains? Purple or blue for example. C02 agreed enrichment does give 10% gains but in small set up pointless. Surely Air Con needed at some point so it don't turn to whetabix 

6 hours ago, GoJetters said:

So RO not needed? Just leave water for 24 hours to remove chlorine? Didn't want to use top dressing unless necessary so I dont get little flies etc?  

not essential, straight from the tap is fine 

In regards to top dressing you’re growing notill, you’re gonna see all sorts of stuff, get some worms too btw! 

Edited by grower951

10 hours ago, GoJetters said:

In a living soil situation RO water is actually bad for a number of reasons, in a nutshell its "dead". Tap water is fine, you can use some ecothrive neutralise if you're worried about chlorine/chloromine. Looks for build a soil on youchube, recent concise relevant info for what you're about to attempt. The earth boxes looks really cool

Thanks the update guys. Eco recommend deionized water but that's long. I'll use tap and leave 24 hours to dechlorinate it. Check PH etc. 

I'll put mulch and worms but really don't want any pest just want to observe plants manual water and let nature do its thing. 

• Like 1

honeslty, checking PH in living soil is like checking engine oil in an electric car 

e2a get a diary up if you can, you'll receive lots of help along the way from most here

Edited by grower951
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, grower951 said:

honeslty, checking PH in living soil is like checking engine oil in an electric car 

e2a get a diary up if you can, you'll receive lots of help along the way from most here

That's hilarious touche. Will do and keep you all posted 

• Like 1