How much PH down in a 40l NFT

Dapex

Hi all.  I am using a 40 ltr NFT system.  And I noticed I am getting a phosphorus issue.   I am wondering if the amount of PH down I am using that causes the issue.  

on a fresh tank full of water I am having to use about 60 drops of PH down to get my PH down to 6.0. 

Depends on base ph of your water and feed really, it can vary alot. When i use to us AN nutes id only use about 1ml per 10lt but with general hydroponics i have to use 2ml per 10lt now. Might be worth measuring your ph down in ml too as drops can be a little inconsistent, especially in that amount. 100 drops is usually 3ml but that's for something other than ph :hippy:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dapex said:

I am wondering if the amount of PH down I am using that causes the issue.  

That's not alot of pH down.. Have a look into citric acid I was useing this wen I was in Coco and it worked brilliant. DWC not so much. Make up a equal solution of both water and citric acid crystals by weight and mix till dissolved and use like any other pH down.. 

You can get it from the rainforest shop or the bay of e comes in 1kg bags for bout a 5r lasts ages so is miles cheaper than the stuff ur useing now! 

• Like 1