Am I at war with spider mites?

Benjic93

I have 3 cutting I acquired from some one and stupidly didn't inspect them before potting. I've had them just over a week now and noticed leaf damage, so I inspected under the leaves and saw this...

I also have week old seedlings un harmed so I'm close to just throwing the cuttings before have a full on war with these fuckers and throwing money away. I've clipped of the effected leafs.

I don't know if the cuttings brought them in or whether it's from my space. I have a 3x3 tent in my shed so I don't know if it's my fault. I see none moving. large.20210408_203500_compress8.jpglarge.20210408_203347_compress88.jpglarge.20210408_202245_compress50.jpglarge.20210408_201934_compress33.jpg

• Like 1

Iknow you probably get these questions alot so I'm sorry about that. I'm just hoping someone says there nothing to worry about lol

Welcome to the wonderful world of the mites. :yep:

Best is predators (buy 2 different types). Next is mectins, abermectin ivormectins etc. Killermite is only £49 on spamazon, neem, h2o2, SMC, SBPI etc. 

• Like 1

Just now, Slippy One said:

Welcome to the wonderful world of the mites. :yep:

Best is predators (buy 2 different types). Next is mectins, abermectin ivormectins etc. Killermite is only £49 on spamazon, neem, h2o2, SMC, SBPI etc. 

I looked up ladybirds but didn't find much positive about them. I saw killermite and couldn't believe the price for such a small bottle! I've been contemplating giving SMC a bash but unsure whether to try the leaf wash or the ready spray. Do you know if it'd effective? 

Cuttings are about week and a half old. I don't know whether to cut my loss and chuck them or go all out while there young.

I've read you'll need more then one weapon against them. Fuckers.

8 hours ago, Slippy One said:

We're all at war with spider mites, either step up or step off. 

I've stepped up man, got some SmC getting delivered today and going to wash them all down today. I've clipped off the effected leafs. Might of stunted them but hopefully got the worst of it binned already.

• Like 1

Phytoselieus persmilis loose and amblyseius californicus in sachets from dragonfli .co.uk or whichever vendor. 

Ladybugs are worse than useless For mites

• Like 4

@InTheSystem and @FarmerPalmersNT use Green Beauveria but I can't find it anywhere over here. It's a fungus that attacks the adults. I'm sure inthesystem had to use this to kill them off eventually as the predators weren't touching them.

As has been said though mate don't be afraid of trying several options as the goal is to break there breeding cycle. 

BAC also do plant vitality which used to be good for killing them.  

• Like 3

@ukbudz - Imported from India mate. You simply will not find it. Palmers is a rare breed and knows a guy, who knows a guy in the rupee game lollol In serious, India and good luck finding it and paying the taxes/customs harassment. We both nearly had it seized lollollol

Best bet is neem oil to kill off eggs and fuck the adults off. They will come back, so you will need to get the predators that Mr @blackpoolbouncer speaks of.

• Like 4

@InTheSystem ah so I might have to book a flight and take some ky lol. In all seriousness though thanks for clearing this up as I thought it was just me that couldn't find for love nor money :yep:.  Can't believe it's such a ballache to get over here yet the usa and others seem to have a version of it for retail sale. 

This has giving me the kick up the arse to order some predator mite sachets.

Edited by ukbudz

8 minutes ago, crticalcontent said:

Go on fleabay and search dr schimmel. Their lies your answer to all your mite needs 

Just sprayed the plants down with the SmC that came today..  Will be ordering mite preds also from fleabay so may aswell add Dr schimmel to the basket.. do you rate them?

9 minutes ago, crticalcontent said:

Go on fleabay and search dr schimmel. Their lies your answer to all your mite needs 

Dr schimmel will kill your mites and predators. It’s all you need , be sure to put on a mask or it will kill you too lol 

Edited by crticalcontent

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/04/2021 at 4:43 PM, ukbudz said:

@InTheSystem and @FarmerPalmersNT use Green Beauveria but I can't find it anywhere over here. It's a fungus that attacks the adults. I'm sure inthesystem had to use this to kill them off eventually as the predators weren't touching them.

I use Beauveria Bassiana.

Is that the same stuff you are referring to?

Any reason it's hard to come by in the UK?

• Like 1