what is best bio Bizz or bat guano

phenom

i do a outside grow and use bio Bizz fish mix and chicken pellets with the pellets going down first for 8 weeks then the fish mix for the rest of the time BUT someone told me to use bat guano instead i have never used it and wondered which is better to use any advice would be greatly appreciated 

Edited by phenom

I don't want to put a downer on your thread but I've not used it either and remain sceptical about it : as far as I'm concerned shit is shit and if the composition of bat guano is different  why is it you never see anyone saying exactly why ?

What is it that sets bat shit apart from other shits, why do you never see anyone singing the praises of some crucial ingredient  found in bat shit to a greater degree than the others?

I'm as curious as you, we are long overdue for some specific answers .

• Like 1

I struggle with guano, always end up using too much and ruining plants.  A ready made bag of H&G Batmix or something similar might be easier and works well with fish mix ime.

• Like 1

I used fish mix with great success, never used bat guano but the things I remember from reading about it on this site years ago are 1, it’s  not ethical to use in general and 2, there’s a risk of mites. Iirc someone left a wee baggie of it at the back of a cupboard and forgot about it, when they found it again it was alive with the borg. On the strength of those two alone , I’ve avoided it like the plague. 
rootgrow on the other hand is fantastic stuff to use .

Edited by Abe Froman
  • Like 2

Thanks for the advice I always use canna coco soil  and chicken pellets as well as bio bizz  until the end then flush them have done the same set up for years and now will continue to 

i used batmix outside one year and it grew the largest plant ive seen outdoors , it was about 7 feet high, and the same wide, which might not sound al that, BUT im at lat 57.

no nutes used at all, just rain. it was far far bigger than anything ive grown in years of trying (and failing) outdoors up here in the Northern wastelands.

Bastard thing still got rot and the buds turned to mush, but it was a exceptional plant before that.

my advice is to try it and make your own mind up. 

• Like 5

you can buy a guano extract to use alongside a normal feeding regime, guanokalong sell it. 

I use dry guano  (amended into soil) and notice a significant improvement in the taste, most of the guanos you can get here are very phos heavy (never see any in the UK suitable for veg)

personally i'd use the bat guano over chicken pellets. 

I've used guano in the past but I avoid it like the plague now due to the heavy metal content in it and the fact cannabis loves hanging onto heavy metals. 

This is even more important in a no till system where whatever goes in will be staying in for the foreseeable future.

If you want similar just use something that will get the plants sar response going eg neem ( good quality neem as this loves holding onto heavy metals aswell ) or ecothrive charge will do the same job. 

Edited by ukbudz
More info about sar response
  • Like 3

• 10 months later...