black jack and jack 47 smell and taste, have they changed much over the years?

JesusChrist

Hey buddies, I'm planning to grow out some black jack and J47 in the hope to find that heavy lemon, incense, jack loveliness I remember from a few years back when I first grew it. 

I know a lot of breeders' lines have changed a lot over the years and what was easy to find then isn't easy to find now. 

So I just want to know from anyone who has grown it recently whether those phenos are still quite common in a pack nowadays?

Cheers

Hi buddy!

The breeding team tries to maintain the same offspring in the strains, unless there is a possible improvement. 
Personally, I think that the phenotype you are looking for is still present ;)

Sweet smokes,
- Apolo

• Like 1

About to chop my Jack47... I was surprised by that 'lemony' smell all through budding, all plants are producing fat buds and grown with vigour ..

gets super hungry in late bloom or maybe I just underfed.

Edited by ScapeGoat
  • Like 2

Same here @ScapeGoat

I've only got one but they're huge nugs. Hope she smokes/edibles nice, I got a mom :guitar:

Edited by KC
Predictive text errors
  • Like 2

Grown out a few j47 recently and nearly all have what you are looking for.

Only ever done 3 b/jack and they didn’t have that flavour twist to them.

Just keep your temps up if you do them, they don’t like cold conditions.

They all seem to finish in 9.5-10 weeks. 

• Like 2

Agreed .. tried it last night after about a week drying and exceeded my expectations.. super obvious sativa characteristics in the dried bud - quite fluffy, light green.. ithe taste is very familiar i just cant put my finger on it. Ive had hazes with similar notes.  Sweet seeds dont play!

Its only one plant, i left the others about a week longer because they don't seem fully mature. 

Probably chop em tonight

I cba for pheno hunting so im praying the other plants (one of which has a mum) are just as good if not better.

Its true what they say, it throws out roots from clone in around 7 days!

e2a: I also like the fact that it didn't stink out my house but is still highly desirable, very distinct light herby smell

Edited by ScapeGoat
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, ScapeGoat said:

Agreed .. tried it last night after about a week drying and exceeded my expectations.. super obvious sativa characteristics in the dried bud - quite fluffy, light green.. ithe taste is very familiar i just cant put my finger on it. Ive had hazes with similar notes.  Sweet seeds dont play!

Its only one plant, i left the others about a week longer because they don't seem fully mature. 

Probably chop em tonight

I cba for pheno hunting so im praying the other plants (one of which has a mum) are just as good if not better.

Its true what they say, it throws out roots from clone in around 7 days!

e2a: I also like the fact that it didn't stink out my house but is still highly desirable, very distinct light herby smell

OH YEAH! 

Thank you very much for trusting our strains, and sharing your experience.

Sweet smokes!
-Apolo

• Like 3

Well I've had an early sample from mine, first in the vape then I tried a pure spliff later on in the evening, not lemony, I'm not sure how to describe it but I'm very happy indeed. Not finished manicuring it but she looks like she yielded good. She'll be going in a good few times. 

Mine didn't root in 7 but 1 day after I noticed a root the jiffy was easily ready for potting. 

Thanks sweet seeds :smoke:

• Like 3

On 22/04/2021 at 10:33 AM, growinggold said:

My jack 47 was pure citrus and lemons.

It's like juice through the vape. 

Proper tasty. 

was it like that when you chopped it or did the smells develop over time? 

On 30/04/2021 at 9:24 AM, KC said:

Well I've had an early sample from mine, first in the vape then I tried a pure spliff later on in the evening, not lemony, I'm not sure how to describe it but I'm very happy indeed. Not finished manicuring it but she looks like she yielded good. She'll be going in a good few times. 

Mine didn't root in 7 but 1 day after I noticed a root the jiffy was easily ready for potting. 

Thanks sweet seeds :smoke:

Yeah i agree its a mild spicey smell with a matching taste but now that I've left it a little while in the jars I can smell some citrus.

Think I'm going to leave it a couple weeks longer. 

I used bloom nutrients on the clones and they threw out crazy roots between day 8-10.

Just got a fresh batch of cuts... I cut them at around 7-9 inches with thick stalks.