Terps Army in Barcelona ? Your Opinions ?

SalviaWisdom

4 minutes ago, anarchycamp said:

I think it's more how it's sold over here and in dam. Right? €30 a gram I think I saw on the menu. 70+an 8th here. Magic buds!

lol that's fucking wild, man. 

Glad I don't do dealer weed any more.  Fuck, the last I heard it was a tenner a gee!  How the hell can kids afford weed at those prices?!

• Like 2

I'm actually on my second go round with a "Cali strain".

It's a couple of cuts from some imported Wedding Cake bag seeds. ( I hear ya! hermies alert...!!)

So far I've had a couple of "proto seeds" though I saw no nanas while growing.

It's an ok smoke. Nothing more really. I'll be keeping a mum of the pheno i prefer for now but it's nothing super special and it won't be in the next run.

• Like 1

Just now, Wacky Wardrobe said:

I'm actually on my second go round with a "Cali strain".

It's a couple of cuts from some imported Wedding Cake bag seeds. ( I hear ya! hermies alert...!!)

So far I've had a couple of "proto seeds" though I saw no nanas while growing.

It's an ok smoke. Nothing more really. I'll be keeping a mum of the pheno i prefer for now but it's nothing super special and it won't be in the next run.

Had some cookies to smoke from a friend once.  Was kind of meh.  "Aye, it tastes like cookies though, eh?!"

Aye, but, meh.  If I want cookies, I'll go eat some cookies.

• Like 1

I think the point we can all take away from this is the term "Cali weed" means precisely fuck all.

If you want top quality flower, then you want top quality flower giving it a label "Cali" or "Cali type" just seems silly to me.

Plenty of growers all over the world can grow weed that's better than 80% of what you'd find on a menu in California. There's a generation that fell for the "yeah mate this has been imported from California that's why it costs 8x more" line that's total bollocks 99% of the time. Now rather than just recognise they were had they want to make the description "Cali" a quality assurance stamp.

I only smoke "Cali" mate wherever I am in the world I keep it "Cali"

• Like 5

Just now, JamieThePainter said:

Aye, it tastes like cookies though, eh?

I've a CBD Cream and Cheese on the go right now (a couple of weeks left).

The sweet, creamy smell has me intrigued as to how it will taste but as it's my first CBD strain it's the effect I'm most interested in.

Can't help feeling it's a good omen though that she smells as good as she does :-)

The cali weed idea in the UK is just a marketing scheme scam on Instagram etc. A fool and his money is easily parted ! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hempire Road said:

don't understand what the true cali weed meaning stands for?

About 3 years ago people started getting imported weed from California, it came in thick plastic vacpacked pound bags, it’s purchased quite cheap over there but needs shipping over, initially it was very pricey but lack of demand and the price dropped, its usually uk lads who ship it.  some sausages started putting it in tuna cans to make it look like it was from a dispensary and tried selling it for eye watering prices, demand wasn’t very high and only teenage trainee gangsters bought it.

As you can imagine people started branding everything else as Cali weed regardless of its origins.

ive tried some imported gelato and skittles and although it did look like quality weed, nice colours and smell it didn’t blow me away and wasn’t that potent.

I can’t imagine why anyone would import cannabis, which is a staple crop in the uk over 5000 miles, bonkers. 

Edited by LA LUNA
we dont discuss prices you sausage.
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Go. Enjoy. Savour. Ask the guys at the bar. Tell em what you're looking for and they'll have it if they're reputable.....

• 1 month later...
On 07/04/2021 at 8:53 PM, LA LUNA said:

About 3 years ago people started getting imported weed from California, it came in thick plastic vacpacked pound bags, it’s purchased quite cheap over there but needs shipping over, initially it was very pricey but lack of demand and the price dropped, its usually uk lads who ship it.  some sausages started putting it in tuna cans to make it look like it was from a dispensary and tried selling it for eye watering prices, demand wasn’t very high and only teenage trainee gangsters bought it.

As you can imagine people started branding everything else as Cali weed regardless of its origins.

ive tried some imported gelato and skittles and although it did look like quality weed, nice colours and smell it didn’t blow me away and wasn’t that potent.

I can’t imagine why anyone would import cannabis, which is a staple crop in the uk over 5000 miles, bonkers. 

Yep makes no sense really.

I was outside one of my locals having a swift half and a j and there were a group of people sitting next to me who were smoking too.

I asked "what are you smoking old boy?"

" Cali weed" he says..

I couldn't resist the next question " Whats cali weed?"

" Its from California , you know, America" , in a tone which suggested I was a moron.

" yes, thats nice " I said. " what strain is it?"  He didnt even know but it came in a snazzy sealable plastic pack.

Must be the style of the time..

toki

• Like 3