Terps Army in Barcelona ? Your Opinions ?

SalviaWisdom

Guest anarchycamp
17 minutes ago, M Pamplemousse said:

I think the op stated 'cali type' not grown in the US.... 

Oh,well yeah that's just what is labrllrd cali,Like it says on the menu...

I stupidly assumed he wanted cali, presumably grown in country of origin. But since it's not,all menus in dam have what he wants. 

Guest anarchycamp
13 minutes ago, catweazle1 said:

What does 'cali-type' weed taste like?

I assume it's just fake strains or real(Just grown in Donny) sprayed with that godawful terpene spray shit

3 hours ago, anarchycamp said:

Oh,well yeah that's just what is labrllrd cali,Like it says on the menu...

I stupidly assumed he wanted cali, presumably grown in country of origin. But since it's not,all menus in dam have what he wants. 

I know right?! I fancied an Indian for tea last night so I ordered a roti and dahl, but when the delivery driver turned up - get this - I realized that he HADN'T brought the food directly from New Delhi, but from a local takeaway here in the UK!

I said I wanted indian food!  Disgraceful.

I'm not sure if people are being deliberately obtuse or they are just old school heads who genuinely haven't heard the (very common) phrase - 'cali weed'?  You know - it's that shit that all smells like a fucking bakery or a sweet shop.  Not my cup of tea as I like the classic UK skunk flavours, chokingly pungent, takes your breath away and make your eyes water when you grind it up. You know - the offensively smelly stuff that smells like sweaty old feet. The americans call it RKS (roadkillskunk) and they don't care for it nearly as much as we do in the UK.

I love that UK flavour, but I think it's fair to say that's an acquired taste, and I don't blame the yanks for wanting their weed to taste/smell like fucking cookies or ice cream or cake, even if I don't.

Yes there's a lot of low quality shit being sold on the street and marked up as 'cali weed' because that's the flavour of the month right now, and that's always the case - I remember when 'cheese' took off, suddenly any type of bud that smelled slightly stinky got labelled as 'cheese' but you knew when you got the real deal.  Same with the cali strains - there are a LOT of us growing here in the UK, so it's not unfeasible that people are growing those strains right here. 

Just before I started growing I had some 'Wedding Cake' off a dealer mate and it was decent, very chunky indica, VERY sweet and spicy smell, definitely reminded me of the last time I was smoking in LA.  You could tell it was not a 'UK' flavour.  Really nice smoke but not my bag flavour wise.

Edited by OneMorePuff
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, SalviaWisdom said:

went to Amsterdam last year and was surprised at how much the quality had gone down the pan, I am looking for somewhere reputable, that will provide oil, edibles and weed that will be on par with the best medical dispensaries in the world. Help a brother out!

Not been to Barca but have been to a few in the canaries, even the small clubs had a decent selection of flowers, extracts and soap (real actual soap) funnily enough, the edibles we bought were quite low strength but the bud was good (both indoor and outdoor) and the RSO and bubble hash were a fair price and as you would imagine potent !

Just now, OneMorePuff said:

You know - it's that shit that all smells like a fucking bakery or a sweet shop. 

The issue is not that we don't know what it means by "cali weed" but that most of the bozos buying "cali weed" genuinely think it comes from California, not laddos spare bedroom in Bradford. Those that do know the score, but then insist on certain cuttings or w/e because "flavours" are even worse, because lets be real if the growers shit it doesn't matter what cutting you give him it'll still be shit! Thats not even taking into consideration how US hype strains are all going the same way eurotrash weed went - down the quality pan!!

Last time I went to Barcelona (2017 or 18 I can't remember) I visited The Plug to check it out (not my usual haunt I'll admit) and there was a HUGE menu of "Cali" flowers, very expensive as well. I indulged and got a few grams of each to have atleast a half right spliff of each one before deciding on which to go for - after about 4 samples of bad burning, harsh, standard smelling/looking with absolutely fuck all highs "cali weed" I fucked the whole thing off and from there on just smoked the local Amnesia (which was the cheapest on the menu at every club!) and had an amazing time, it actually smelled and tasted like Amnesia, it looked good and best of all it actually got me high!

Don't get me started on the US hype shit I've committed my time and space to, only to get garbage or hermies.

• Like 7

Guest anarchycamp

@OneMorePuff Because that's the same. 

Surely paying that extra 50 quid for an 8th your thinking it's for the logistical nightmare it's had to endure to get here/risk. Not because someone's spent too much on nutes..

You are deluded if you think they are the same. One hour vs 6 month

22 minutes ago, anarchycamp said:

@OneMorePuff Because that's the same. 

Surely paying that extra 50 quid for an 8th your thinking it's for the logistical nightmare it's had to endure to get here/risk. Not because someone's spent too much on nutes..

You are deluded if you think they are the same. One hour vs 6 month

FWIW, I mind when I used to get weed shipped over from Canada for much cheaper than I could get it over here.  Same with Spanish weed. 

• Like 1

Guest anarchycamp
1 minute ago, JamieThePainter said:

I always thought "cali weed" was strains made in Cali?

Cali type he wants mate..

2 minutes ago, JamieThePainter said:

I always thought "cali weed" was strains made in Cali?

Why wouldn't it be strains originating from?

I must admit I'm not quite getting some of this.

I had some nice Pakistan Valley stuff off someone a little while ago. I knew it was grown locally here but it didn't take away from my enjoyment of the strain.

Is everyone here growing a Kush variety actually in the Hindu Kush?

Edited by Wacky Wardrobe
e
  • Like 1

Guest anarchycamp

I think it's more how it's sold over here and in dam. Right? €30 a gram I think I saw on the menu. 70+an 8th here. Magic buds!

I don't understand what the true cali weed meaning stands for?

Is it outdoor sungrown californian weed ?

Is it the result of a cultured underground with time/duration to test varieties? 

Dispensary weed in Cali tinned up and exported?

Could be many things ? 

I have grew out some of my most strongest strains from reserva privada and crocket DNA etc. thought they were powerful , tasteful and unique to grow. My version of cali weed is them having time for discovering great genetic selections from Mexico and veterans from South Asia  in the 70s and bringing them back to cali . 

There is different versions to cali weed. 

Plus then it overlaps into seed popping which is a mine field in its own right!. 

Just now, Wacky Wardrobe said:

Why wouldn't it be strains originating from?

I must admit I'm not quite getting some of this.

I had some nice Pakistan Valley stuff off someone a little while ago. I knew it was grown locally here but it didn't take away from my enjoyment of the strain.

Is everyone here growing a Kush variety actually in the Hindu Kush?

:yep:

What I meant to say tbf mate. 

You should check out the backyard if you can, they have a really nice selection of flowers and freeze dried iceolator:yep:

• Like 2