Cured Bud RH

Hogro

So this time around I thought I’d gone too far with drying. They seams to have gone super hard / dense and crumble, I’ve not changed anything about the process I follow to dry or grow.

Out of sheer curiosity I slapped in a meter for the past 24hrs and it’s shown a RH or 30%. Looking online the perfect RH is between 55-62% RH.

So with that in mind I’m guessing I’ve over dried my stash? 

On researching I’ve came across the Integra Boost Curing Packs at 55% and 62% RH. These are two way so “should” raise my buds back upto the correct RH and in doing so should bring back the bounce and not crumble? 

or am I barking up the wrong tree here? 

You can try man but it sounds beyond fuct to me.  How the fuck did you get it down to 30%?  I've found weed left in the garden for a few months of summer with more moisture in than that. 

3 minutes ago, fatboy77 said:

You can try man but it sounds beyond fuct to me.  How the fuck did you get it down to 30%?  I've found weed left in the garden for a few months of summer with more moisture in than that. 

well with the response I new id fucked up so I’ve just checked. I had my timer still on so the lights had been coming on :wallbash:...!!!!!!

so basically it’s been cooked to 30% RH.!! Absolutely fumingggggggg.

I’ve got some of them to give a try. Anyone have any other suggestions? 

Edited by Hogro

Once the moisture has been dried out of the flowers they’re never the same again IME but you can try orange peel or similar in your jars to help re-hydrate...

• Like 2

Just now, grooving said:

Once the moisture has been dried out of the flowers they’re never the same again IME but you can try orange peel or similar in your jars to help re-hydrate...

Cheers mate.. you live and learn and I’ll not be doing it again that’s for sure 

Hate to tell you this but light degrades thc too..... That's why we dry in the dark.  I feel your pain man, that blows. 

Just now, fatboy77 said:

Hate to tell you this but light degrades thc too..... That's why we dry in the dark.  I feel your pain man, that blows. 

Yep I know...! It’s like a full kick in the balls, that stomach sick feeling. 

Just now, ratdog said:

30%? that must be a record?

Least I’ll hold a record for something now eh..

got to see the funny side or I’d cry.. looks like it’s just bind dry, solid, crumbly bud for me for a few months eh 

Nothing to lose so going to try a few ideas I’ve found online over the next few weeks. 

Honestly you could probably put a dint in the wall with how hard they’ve gone 

Wow that sucks. Worth trying something.

The weed I've overdried or dried too quickly have generally been harsh and refused to cure but they were still a decent smoke.

Edited by mister phlegm
nowhere near 30 tho, wow
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, mister phlegm said:

Wow that sucks. Worth trying something.

The weed I've overdried or dried too quickly have generally been harsh and refused to cure but they were still a decent smoke.

It’s not a bad smoke just hard and crumbly. Too dry and won’t last in its current state so going to try a few bits to bring it back up. See if I can get it closer to 40 possibly 50 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear mate, and you’ve probably addressed it now but thought I’d mention.. I used to get tins of rolling baccy years ago that came with a ceramic leaf. You’d soak it for a couple hours, wipe it dry, and stick it in the tin to rehydrate your dry baccy. I’ve used it for herb and it works well. Better than apple or orange peel as it doesn’t  taint the flavour. I reckon a piece of terracotta pot would work the same. Stick it in the jar and repeat till you get it back to a decent moisture. 

Those humidity packs should help a lot, make it less harsh/smoother, but it won't bring the flavour back. I've read of a few people using them in your situation. The other Idea that came to mind is hash/oil. They dry they're shit right out in morocco before processing. 

I know people worry about the taste but I'd just go straight with orange peel here. If anything you may improve flavour?

Humidity packs will work eventually but I've had one in a jar for 2 weeks now and it's taken humidity from 54 all the way up to 55. May work a little quicker for dryer bud but not as quick as fresh fruit peel :)