Easy Plugs + Easy Cubes for seeds or cuttings

Just posting this in case anyone's interested about my experience with these new products. Haven't tried the Easy Pyramids, but the Easy Plug/Cube system is amazing for idiots like me. The technology is in the correct water:air ratio, so even I, the master overwaterer cannot choke out the roots no matter how much I try!

No failures yet.

large.1E300883-583D-4CCE-838D-60CC58EBC739.jpglarge.IMG_8402.jpglarge.6673ED64-35F9-4F05-8FBA-C7FDFC367014.jpglarge.IMG_8417.jpglarge.IMG_8407.jpglarge.IMG_8403.jpglarge.IMG_8627.jpglarge.IMG_8622.jpglarge.IMG_8739.jpglarge.IMG_8740.jpglarge.5E676E11-9132-4617-8446-732D3D540C42.jpg

• Like 12

It's time to get to know them... :yep: 

Plugs are amazing for cuttings, and cheap, but the cubes are about £1.10 each so a bit flash compared to cheap reusable pots but convenient nonetheless. 

• Like 2

I've been using these for a hot minute now, great additions to the grow room and the ability to air prune at every stage of the cycle is a massive blessing and really unlocks the potential of air pruning. I can grow bigger plants in a smaller foot print using the blocks, and plants from seed I can keep in the blocks until I've sexed them which is of tremendous benefit to me. 

I honestly think they're fucking ace and on the whole have saved me loads of back ache, I only ever pot into final fabric pots with these so no storing loads of small and medium pots all over and loads of time saved. 10/10 from me!

5 hours ago, Slippy One said:

Plugs are amazing for cuttings, and cheap, but the cubes are about £1.10 each so a bit flash compared to cheap reusable pots but convenient nonetheless. 

They are very easily found online for 0.85p each! The cubes are great, blocks are just next level :in_love:

• Like 10

Been having great results with the cubes for cuttings. I do wish they were slightly deeper and held a touch more water as find I have to water them quite alot but overall I'm happy with them

I thought I would try one of these plus a pyramid as an experiment, not sure what you feed them with so I've got coir nutes. The pyramid will have to be stood in a saucer and if I'm using an 11l square pot saucer that will take up a lot of floor space in my 40cm x 40cm veg tent, so it will have to be fitted in to my crowded veg schedule - not helped by using the tent for drying too.

Encouraging results Slippy One :yep:

18 hours ago, Slippy One said:

It's time to get to know them... :yep: 

Cost isn't an issue really. Our hobby costs money all the time. The main thing is to always look for products that offer some kind of improvement. The root development in your pictures looks amazing!  Thanks for sharing! :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@fatboy77 They're alright if you're knocking the same amount of clones out time after time for a room thats pretty static IE this many plants, this often, this amount of turn around etc - I see the benefit massively.

When it comes to needing a little bit of elbow room, like if you need to take more than whats available in space on the system, or need to keep them small or whatever during a seed hunt then they start to be a bit more hassle than they are worth IMO. Plus an aero prop can be quite a large bit of kit, taking up much more space than a 77 / 150 tray of cubes & large prop does, compared to a 24 - 48 site aero prop, which are massive and quite tall.

Horses for courses :yep:

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, fatboy77 said:

Really? 

large.IMG_20210407_192305_1.jpg

lol Yes, 'cept that way. Not exactly ideal for growing outdoors in soil, but yeah, that way.. :yep: