Lowering a grow tent?

bishbashbotany

I have seen a couple of members on here mention they have taken the height of their tents down. Anyone here had a go at this and how successful was it.

I have a restricted height of 1.9m so satndard 2m tents just miss it. There is a 120 x 120 x 180 Hydrolab pro tent which would be perfect but out of stock until mid may at least which is no good.

There seems to be a bit of clearance below the zips on the hydrolab tents so thinking of shorthening the poles and lopping the bottom of the tent and bodging it back together.

Any one have a hydrolab pro? would be great to know the clearance under the bottom zip to see how far I could go. 

Worth a go or crap idea?

I took 2 inches off a tent by just sawing the middle vertical bars that slide into each other. The tent looks a little less tight than usual but it was a lot easier to rebuild with that slack and works fine.

Edited by smilertoo
editing

I took a ft out one side to fit an attic once , just made it a bit baggy , so used old tent poles to make extra bars at 3rd from top and 3rd from bottom then folded the excess cloth out the way

I would not try and cut n shut the cloth without a good sewing machine ,then still needs sealing (light) imho

Edited by Personunknown

I crop in a Hy-Pro propagating tent which is 40 x 120 x 200 originally, I needed to shorten it to get it in the Argos canvas wardrobe it hides in : I missed out the top tier of verticals and just pulled the slack around at the top of the tent, I can still access the top of the main zip and the bottom zips are still in place.

No cutting or stitching needed, surely worth a try the job could be much easier than you think. :yep: