Ph riseing to quickly.. first grow dwc

Haze_smoker

Hi guys. 

So first grow in dwc.. had it dialed in at 0.8 EC and now IV taken it up to 1.0 EC as Im about flip her into flower (she was also looking a little hungry) I got big pH swing in 3 days it went from 5.9 to 6.2 usaly it would take almost all week to get upto 6.2 then I do a res change and reset it all back down again. 

Everything looks good roots still white altho a bit tangled plant looks really happy.. Res temp at 18.6c night time and 19.3c day time tent sits at 19/20c night 21/22c day. She's still drinking loads wen I checked today since Friday she's done in just over 5l of the Res. 

EC still saying 1.0. surely it can't be not enuff feed in there at it's already quite high for a bub?!? Right?!? 

IV put off the flip to 12/12 till I can work out what's going on.

Can any1 help please 

I would attach fotos but I can't for the life of me make them small enuff to upload. Hence the diary stopped. 

Cheers 

Haze

lol thats not a big ph swing mate its almost perfect for it to change a little like that.

Now if it was going to 5.0 or up to 7.0 in that timeframe you should be switching something up but anything between 5.5-6.5 in veg is fine and nothing to worry about.

Are you removing ALL from your tote then refilling?

Or

Topping up and adjusting?

Id recomend the former.

most go to 1.2ec and stay there

• Like 6

On 28/03/2021 at 7:59 PM, stu sleeper 20vt said:

lol thats not a big ph swing mate its almost perfect for it to change a little like that.

Now if it was going to 5.0 or up to 7.0 in that timeframe you should be switching something up but anything between 5.5-6.5 in veg is fine and nothing to worry about.

Are you removing ALL from your tote then refilling?

Or

Topping up and adjusting?

Id recomend the former.

most go to 1.2ec and stay there

Hi stu.

Ok thanks for response mate. 

Yeah I'm doing total Res change each week and topping up thru the week as needed once she drank 10l I top up and reset it all back to were I want it! 

So do u not sujest doing that just keep topping it up? I got no experience with hydro apart from Coco so I'm just going by what IV read on here! I'm aiming for 1.2ec at the 4th week of flower wen the PK goes in. 

Cheers for the info mate so a swing that small is all good.. noted..

Cheers 

Haze

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Haze_smoker said:

the PK goes in. 

This will affect your EC bud so put it in first then top up with nutes to get your target...:yep:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stu914 said:

This will affect your EC bud so put it in first then top up with nutes to get your target...:yep:

Now that sounds like a fuk load easyer way of doing it.. don't know y I haven't ever done that way b4... Bloody stoners. 

So would you just top up the Res and not worry about dumping it each week then? I thort it was the way to do it once a week dump and refill and reset everything then top up and correct thru the week?? 

Wen I need to thru the week I just make up a bucket of nutes to the EC that's in there then add my silver bullet roots stuff and top up.. 

I have noticed that my roots are starting to tan tho there not as white as they were is this something that happens as they get older or am I looking at the start of root rot! She's a week into flower and 4 weeks since she first went in the bub.. I'm loving hydro so far. 

Temps in the bub are a steady 19c day or night and the tent temp is 19-20c night and 22c day. 

• Like 1

Your temps are too low. Lights on want being 26-28 and no lower than 20 at pot/tank level. Nutrient should be 20-22 degrees

Owd

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Haze_smoker said:

would you just top up the Res and not worry about dumping it each week then?

You need a regular complete res change because the plants use different elements of the nutes leaving some behind.

If you just add fresh blanced nutes once they hit the res and mix in the whole balance is lost then you can have all sorts of problems.

Most people change every week to ten days...:yep:

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Owderb said:

Your temps are too low. Lights on want being 26-28 and no lower than 20 at pot/tank level. Nutrient should be 20-22 degrees

Owd

IV got 2 tube heater in there and I can't get them up arround the 25c mark I'm running 250w of heaters. Winter is always cold but IV never really had a problem with the temps at that... or not that IV realized.. I'm bringing air in from the room and venting outa the room. It is what it is unfortunately. Can't really afford to run more heaters. Roll on the summer then im sure it will be it's to warm lol. 

1 hour ago, stu914 said:

You need a regular complete res change because the plants use different elements of the nutes leaving some behind.

If you just add fresh blanced nutes once they hit the res and mix in the whole balance is lost then you can have all sorts of problems.

Most people change every week to ten days...:yep:

Ok so I'm right in topping up the Res thru the week then dump at the end of the week.. cool thanks.. like I said it's all totaly new to me and sumit IV always wanted to try... Thort I'd try this way then if it goes well look into the rdwc systems but to be fair the way she's filled out the m² tent I'm not sure IL run 4 again... it's insane. Usaly I'm about 4-6 weeks in veg then flick and they fill the tent really well.. I nu hydro was fast but this is next level. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Haze_smoker said:

I nu hydro was fast but this is next level. 

Keep on top of it bud, it can go shit-shaped very quickly....low EC, res temps 18c-22c and plenty of movement in the nutes should see you right.

Good luck

:yep:

• Like 2

On 28/03/2021 at 3:43 PM, Haze_smoker said:

I would attach fotos but I can't for the life of me make them small enuff to upload. Hence the diary stopped. 

Cheers 

Haze

right-click the image file, edit with paint, then click the resize button up near the top left.  I find cutting it down 50% does the job, but you may need to fanny around a touch more.  You're looking for >1 Mb.  Then just save it and upload it here :yep:

• Like 1

Sorry didnt mean to confuse...

Top up between refills is cool!

Some never empty/refill just top up and top up...thats what i meant !dont just top up through the whole grow,empty every 10 days and refill.

• Like 2

Re pics

I downleaded an app called 'photo and picture resizer'

Easy peasy just uplead your pic,scrol down and it asks what size you want to reduce it too...i pic under 1mb

Then it savea it automatically...upload to here.

1 hour ago, stu sleeper 20vt said:

Re pics

I downleaded an app called 'photo and picture resizer'

Easy peasy just uplead your pic,scrol down and it asks what size you want to reduce it too...i pic under 1mb

Then it savea it automatically...upload to here.

Sweet as IL try it n see I don't have a computer atm so only on fone and I fuked about with camera settings but it won't do it.. 

IV got nute movement and loads of air going in temps at no more than 20c. If it goes shit shaped IL start again and learn from it..  hopefully it doesn't but won't know untill it comes down! 

Edited by Haze_smoker

Yeah im on a phone mate.

Download the app onto your phone-photo and picture resizer

To upload to hete,click the 3 lines at the bottom of the page anx then click on 'desktop site'

Then the site acts just as if youre on a laptop and you can upload easily

Edited by stu sleeper 20vt