Nutrient schedule adjustment for auto’s

mysticriver

I’ve got a nutrient schedule for the nutes I’m using. It goes 2 wks seedlings, 4 wks vegetative, 9 wks flowering.

They say give pk in week 5 of flower.

I’m growing autos for my next grow which harvest in 9 wks from seed.

I figure the first 4 wks of the autos life would be veggy growth?

which week of the 9 wk lifespan of the auto would I give the pk?, as if I give it in wk 5 of its lifespan it’s only in it’s really early flowering stages. And if I give 5 wks after the 4 wks veggy growth, it will be chop week.

So when for the pk does anyone have any experience?

mysticriver 

Edited by mysticriver
Clarity

13 minutes ago, mysticriver said:

I’m growing autos for my next grow which harvest in 9 wks from seed.

They won't be ready in 9 weeks.  11-13 weeks is more realistic.  I honestly don't pay attention to breeder's timelines anymore because they don't mean anything in the real world.

• Like 4

Unfortunately there's no instruction manual or guide that will tell you what you want to know. Which I'm assuming is, what to feed your plants, how much and when.

Every plant is different in my last run I had 2 sisters both being fed the exact same mix (because I'm lazy) one was hungry and one was overfed...

Breeder estimates and feed charts should be treated as extremely rough estimates. You'll be better off listening to your plants and learning how to respond to what they're saying. There's no guide that'll teach that. By all means use the chart if that makes you more comfortable but i wouldn't worry too much about what it says.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ceiling Cat said:

They won't be ready in 9 weeks.  11-13 weeks is more realistic.  I honestly don't pay attention to breeder's timelines anymore because they don't mean anything in the real world.

Ok. On the same subject, if you have an estimated 11 wks timeline, when should I be giving growth a+b nutes, and when should I be switching to bloom a+b’s?

half way through?

10 hours ago, mysticriver said:

when should I be giving growth a+b nutes, and when should I be switching to bloom a+b’s?

I think you need to watch them for when flowering actually starts and allow about three weeks for the bloom phase to get going.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wacky Wardrobe said:

I think you need to watch them for when flowering actually starts and allow about three weeks for the bloom phase to get going.

the reason I ask is because im new - only on my first ever grow, in the flowering phase atm, just wanted an idea maybe. so do auto flowers start to flower quite early then? 

Just now, mysticriver said:

so do auto flowers start to flower quite early then? 

That's kind of the idea. They are a ticking time bomb! They are going to flower no matter what the light schedule. I understand different conditions can influence timing to a degree.

I've only grown them a couple of times outside.

I grew them in 10 litre fabric pots on a balcony that only gets sun until early/mid afternoon. Early summer last year and late summer the year before. They took a little longer to start flowering than I anticipated (about six weeks or so). I also like to fully ripen my fruit so they were taken a lot later than any of the blurb from the "manufacturer".

A smaller pot inside under plenty of light and I understand it would be a different ball game.

Just as an aside. Here's an accidental cutting from an auto that rooted and flowered at the same time.

Don't try this at home :-)

large.6054605cd2db5_miniautocut.jpg

• Like 1

Autos will flower when they want too, I'm only on my 3rd batch of them ( 2 x sweetseeds CDB ones, 1 X amnesia haze and 1x blackberry purple kush).

They all started flowering roughly at the same time which was 5 - 7 weeks from seed, they are 5 weeks into flower now and still have a good month on them.

You have to watch the plants and see when they start to flower, you can switch to the bloom nutes then if you wish or wait for a week then start with the bloom nutes, as they are still growing/ putting down roots/ getting used to being in flowering mode in the first 2 weeks of flower or so.

Then just follow your nute suppliers chart, extend it in the middle to fit your flowering time.

No autos do what they say they will, they all take as long as they want to, but they are a lot better than they used to be and you can get some great results with them. I did 2 x Bomb seeds THC Bomb auto last time, both flowered at different times and turned out totally different, but both great.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Farmer Fett said:

Autos will flower when they want too, I'm only on my 3rd batch of them ( 2 x sweetseeds CDB ones, 1 X amnesia haze and 1x blackberry purple kush).

They all started flowering roughly at the same time which was 5 - 7 weeks from seed, they are 5 weeks into flower now and still have a good month on them.

You have to watch the plants and see when they start to flower, you can switch to the bloom nutes then if you wish or wait for a week then start with the bloom nutes, as they are still growing/ putting down roots/ getting used to being in flowering mode in the first 2 weeks of flower or so.

Then just follow your nute suppliers chart, extend it in the middle to fit your flowering time.

No autos do what they say they will, they all take as long as they want to, but they are a lot better than they used to be and you can get some great results with them. I did 2 x Bomb seeds THC Bomb auto last time, both flowered at different times and turned out totally different, but both great.

cool brother that gives me a better understanding 

50 minutes ago, Ceiling Cat said:

Ok. On the same subject: when the breeder claims seed - harvest in 9 wks it’s with a environmentally spot-on groom packing CO2 most likely 

9 minutes ago, mysticriver said:

the breeder claims seed - harvest in 9 wks

Can't say but probably their record time for that strain.  It is possible you know.  I've had one finish in just over 9 weeks but all other attempts have gone at least 11 weeks, some 13 or 14.

• Like 1