Running 120v inline fan on 220v circuit

Thai Stick

So, to cut a long story short, supplier from China has sent me an extraction fan thats 120v and not 220-240v....
Now, im no leccy wizard by any means so im looking for some advice on options on what to do.
I know some fans the label will say 110v 60Hz / 220-240v 50Hz and can run on either, but this only reads 120v 60Hz 0.8a 59w....
Is there any way to check?

The voltage can be easily changed by a suitable transformer,the bigger problem is the frequency and changing that aint so easy and even with the correct voltage it may  run 20% slower than if used at the correct frequency,so best option is to send it back.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice @monkeypig@furious fred@Themadhippy

I figured it would be a case of running 4x faster and then going pop!
Cost of a stepdown transformer will be the same as a new correct voltage fan.

Quite pissed off with this company and this fan is just another thing.

So i was contemplating setting up a small indoor grow shop here in Thailand and at a trade show a few years back, i found this company that manufactures their own lighting, and outsource all other equipment, creating a one stop shop service.

The pricing between manufacturer and this supplier of various items such as tent, fans, filters was very small so i decided to order everything through this company to test them out.

At first all was great, we spent a week or so communicating back and forth confirming everything, then they had their chinese new year and were closed.

After they returned to work, i confirmed my order and sent them the money.

Then they tell me parts are out of stock and need to be ordered from manufacturer.

Parts ordered and took a week to make, only with faults so they sent them back.

So another extra week of wait.

They finally get everything together after over a month since sending payment and ship my items.

Items arrive in Thailand and get stopped by customs.....They ask me for Details of usage of items....and then i see they have MASSIVELY underdeclared the value of the shipment!

a $500 order in 3 big boxes they've declared as $25......Will have to see tomorrow what customs say and want more from me....

And thats where i see a picture of the fan, and it's marked at 120v.....

What an absolute pisstake from them.

Rant over.....