Cooking with cannabis - Canna Butter

DANZIG

Guest Default Attribute

Should be good mate :) I usually aim for roughly 3g per dose when I am making edibles, usually a nice chilled time at that level.

Still have 300g of tried trim, may try half butter, half trim next time. It cooked about 20 hours so was a lovely colour once strained. Saying that ive had one about 20 mins ago so should be feeling it soon if any good. Had one last night but been smoking all day so probably wont have felt much, my eyes went a bit dodgy but I slept all night pain free.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have found the most easiest stress free way of makin canna butter an infused oil with the easy butter maker does it in 1o min no straining no stirring no mess I highly recommend it if u have a disability like me it makes it effortless aslo they r pretty cheap 2 . peace :oldtoker:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have found the most easiest stress free way of makin canna butter an infused oil with the easy butter maker does it in 1o min no straining no stirring no mess I highly recommend it if u have a disability like me it makes it effortless aslo they r pretty cheap 2 . peace :oldtoker:

Cheers for the advice @@syrus420 after looking at these online I ordered one.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Thanks for all the info, I use cooking for personal reasons and have made a recent discovery that has a awesome affect. THCV oil.... has anyone else used this stuff for cooking yet. Its amazing. Although dosage is very important. I started using it in my coffee before baking with it. Apart from the pain relief it offers it also gives you a massive uplifting high and makes you feel very clear headed. One day i got greedy and had 3 coffee's with this particular oil and it destroyed me lol

would like to hear of anyone else using this rare product.

Regards

Herbal J

Just gently melting the canna butter into chocolate bars with a little cream or milk would be lush and no extra cooking, has anyone dun this? And galaxy would be my brand of choc, love it lol

• 1 month later...

Made a batch of this yesterday with 250g butter and 5oz frozen trim - simmered for about 4 hours, strained through cheesecloth and chilled in the fridge overnight.

Will be making some brownies and cakes today to see what happens :D Hopefully it'll be groovy.

Well, just popped my first brownie - really strong canna flavour, even with the amount of vanilla extract I used, there is still an overpowering "green" taste ... not a fan, but I'll just have to up the vanilla in the next batch:

recipe I used:

115g canna butter (made 250g butter with 140g frozen trim);

115g dark chocolate;

200g caster sugar;

3 free range eggs;

2 tsp vanilla extract;

140g flour;

70g hazlenuts;

100g white chocolate cut into chips.

Melt the butter and dark choclolate;

Whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract, incorporating as much air as possible;

Add the melted butter and chocolate mixture and fold in;

Sieve the flour into the mix and fold that in;

Add and fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.

Pour the lot (should be a slightly wet mix) into a greased and lined 12x9 tray and place in a preheated oven @190c for 20 - 25mins.

Remove, allow to cool before cutting into desired slices. I cut mine to be 25 squares - that gives about 2.8g THC per brownie.

I have had about a third to test.

The space cakes have about 6.8g per cake, those should be fun :D

• Like 1

Ok, dunno what I'm doing wrong here ...

The brownies were mediocre - a whole one was about 3g and the "stone" was negligible - heavy head, light hands, no mood change just feeling a bit tired.

The cupcakes were likewise poor - but they had about 6.8g - it's odd - no sure what's gone wrong?

I know the effect is a bit different to smoking, but still - thought it'd be a bit better than that ...

Any ideas good people?