Harm Reduction, Cannabis smoking

DANZIG

They are the future I reckons. Clean and healthy and super super high :yep:

What about combusted butane byproducts? Do they get in the vapor?

TBH I dunno. It does not feel or taste anything like butane. I have read some of the safety blurb the manufacturers have and (FWIW) they say that there is no butane threat - they would say that I know. But to me it does not seem to have any butane related ill effects.

And I forgot to say in me last post my herb lasts twice as long. And this has been the case for over 9 months now. Me level of stone has gone through the sky but me stash diminishes at a slower rate than when i was smoking de herb..

• 2 years later...

20 Year Government Lung Study on Cannabis - JAMA 2012

http://www.medicalcannabis.com/Journal-2012/pulmonary-study-jama

Major Findings in this 20 year government study conducted by the NIH

- Marijuana did not cause any damage to the lungs with moderate use

- Marijuana did not cause COPD or emphysema, but cigarettes did

- Marijuana did not cause lung cancer, but cigarettes did

- Marijuana was somewhat protective against lung cancer - those who consumed marijuana and cigarettes were less likely to get lung cancer than those who only used cigarettes

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I think eating is the best way to reduce harm...I have always been sceptical of the study which tells us that water bongs are less efficient (THC vs Tar) than straight un-flitered joints...my experience tells me different..don't know why...I use a mini bong and love it as its so smooth wheras unflitered joints even vaporizer gives me a wheezing straight away but not my mini bong...I also use volcano with my bong sometimes and that is the safest combo in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

gallery_72888_4292_38928.jpg

A mix of these two, is the perfect painkiller, for everything.

I am gonna make oil of it, for better medical use.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
I like the combination of tobacco with green. For me, it makes the hit more intense and delivers more pain relief. The tobacco is American Spirit which is chemical free.

But still highly addictive.

Do you find yourself smoking at inappropriate times, or repeatedly ?

I believe nicotine is found in the nightshade plants of which one is the deadly version , sorry thats all i know, plus i smoke burn and i like it even though i know its killing me, i wonder who else thinks like that, but the way i look at it is... if im vaping and swollowing r.s.o every now and then well im bullet proof , am i not ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The intake of Tar for Cannabis, is highly overestimated. I'm not sure where, but I read a survey with old Jamaican men and medicinal marijuana patients... turns out none of them had lungs full of tar, and Cannabis is a brochinladtor, i.e it actually opens up yours airway, and THC is good for you!

Put it this way, if you smoked Weed everyday, you would get the munchies at first, thats normally because Cannabis lowers your blood pressure, therefore making you hungry. Your heart can beat faster when its relaxed and naturally this would cause a stomach to feel hungrier.

After a while of toking, your body would be used to the THC/CBD its getting, if you ask heavy smokers, they will tell you they probably get the munchies less, compared to someone who doesn't smoke as regular.... Otherwise, Cannabis is non-toxic and all smoking weed does is, give your body a au naturelle sense/mood enhancer!

More research needs to be done in getting the best out of Cannabis...

• Like 2

The intake of Tar for Cannabis, is highly overestimated. I'm not sure where, but I read a survey with old Jamaican men and medicinal marijuana patients... turns out none of them had lungs full of tar, and Cannabis is a brochinladtor, i.e it actually opens up yours airway, and THC is good for you!

Put it this way, if you smoked Weed everyday, you would get the munchies at first, thats normally because Cannabis lowers your blood pressure, therefore making you hungry. Your heart can beat faster when its relaxed and naturally this would cause a stomach to feel hungrier.

After a while of toking, your body would be used to the THC/CBD its getting, if you ask heavy smokers, they will tell you they probably get the munchies less, compared to someone who doesn't smoke as regular.... Otherwise, Cannabis is non-toxic and all smoking weed does is, give your body a au naturelle sense/mood enhancer!

totally agree mate :wink:

im off to do a bit of research right now :smoke:

• Like 3

totally agree mate :wink:

im off to do a bit of research right now :smoke:

I wish I could find the info :/ you have to dive though 600 propaganda messages and dodgy studys which prove nothing to find 1 that does proves it all.

So in otherwords, you have to sieve through several "Cannabis causes mental problems" articles, to get to 1 "Cannabis is non-toxic article.

Edited by The Chronic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20189347

Israeli firm's new medical marijuana

By Yolande Knell

BBC News, Jerusalem

The cannabis is rolled into cigarettes under laboratory conditions for medical use

Under armed guard, at a secret location in the hills of northern Israel, rows of cannabis plants in a large greenhouse give off a sweet, distinctive smell.

In a nearby processing room, bags of dried buds and leaves are weighed and bagged. A woman in a lab coat operates a device producing dozens of ready-made cigarettes.

Cannabis is an illegal drug in Israel but this facility is allowed to operate under a government licence.

The company that runs it, Tikun Olam, uses organic methods to grow different kinds of cannabis for medical use.

Now, it has developed a new strain that could change the image of the drug.

It does not give users the characteristic high or get them "stoned".

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

When I take the cannabis it helps me all day. I feel much better. I can finally walk without crying from the pain in my legs”

David Sabach, 12-year-old cancer patient

Careful cross-breeding has virtually removed the chemical in cannabis known as THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), which has psychoactive properties.

Instead the new plant has a high concentration of another of the main constituents called cannabidiol (CBD), a powerful anti-inflammatory.

"Cannabidiol does not bind to the brain, to the brain cells, therefore after taking it you don't have any side effects that you don't want," says Ruth Gallily, an immunology professor at Hebrew University who has researched CBD for 15 years.

"(These include) not being high, not being confused. You can drive, you can work, you can do everyday things. It's very non-toxic."

Pain relief

Tikun Olam's research and development manager, Zach Klein, lists the categories of patients who can benefit from the new product.

"The new strains are really good for three populations - people who work, old people - because they are sensitive to THC - and also children, as we want to touch those receptors in their brains as little as possible," he says.

David Sabach, 12, suffers from cancer but has just been out playing with friends when I visit his family's apartment in central Israel.

He shows me pictures of how he looked two years ago. He had lost his hair from chemotherapy treatment and was half his current weight.

A doctor recently prescribed David the CBD-enriched cannabis. It is delivered in the form of chocolate, cookies or cakes.

Breeding has removed most of the psychoactive properties in the plant

"I used to take morphine for pain and it would help for just a couple of minutes," he tells me.

"When I take the cannabis it helps me all day. I feel much better. I can finally walk without crying from the pain in my legs."

Medical marijuana has been used in Israel since the 1990s.

More than 10,000 Israelis take it to treat a range of illnesses from cancer, Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis to Tourette's syndrome.

Many believe it is the combination of THC and CBD in regular cannabis that is most beneficial. THC has its own medicinal effects.

"It shouldn't be changed. This is nature's medicine and it's been used for thousands of years," says a 52-year-old cancer patient from Tel Aviv who does not want to be identified.

He had a stomach tumour removed five months ago and smokes cannabis while undergoing chemotherapy.

"Mostly it helps with pain reduction. The second thing is the desire to eat. The body without fuel cannot fight and one of the wonderful things about marijuana is that it causes "munchies", and "munchies" for people during chemotherapy is a blessing."

The exact properties of the dozens of cannabinoids contained in cannabis and their interactions are still being studied.

International pharmaceutical companies are experimenting with the ratio, and developing synthetic versions, to use as medicines.

However, growers say traditional horticultural techniques also have potential to create tailor-made cannabis for different conditions.

The new "high-free" Israeli version could also challenge the ban on medical uses of cannabis currently enforced in many countries.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest Soberman

I can now recommend eating. I simply put 1 spliffs worth of finely 'scissored' good herb in some melted butter in a ladel (1 heaped teaspoon approx) and heat that so it bubbles for 45 seconds. Put the butter in a glass, let it cool and eat it all, wash down with glass of milk. No loss of THC going up in the air you get the full punch. Very powerful mind and body buzz at 4 hours-5 hours where the peak normally is.

For some the lack of immediacy of the effects can make it less appealing (along with no tobacco which I assume many use) but worth it for the strength, pureness and length of the buzz. Worth the wait. You just need to plan a little, cause you might not be going anywhere for a while : ) I find overall it's a bit more psychedelic. :hippy:

On average it takes 1-2 hours to start feeling mild effects, by 4 hours you have peaked, 5th hour is a good strong buzz and then a gentle smooth slow come down over 3 hours or so. Go easy on your dose cause too much can be unpleasant. Maybe try 1/2 a spliffs worth first and see how it goes. A little goes a long way.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

in short...

high potency.

and pure.

I smoked pure for around 6 months and it was incredible, needed around 2-3 joints a day, or usually one blunt (shared with my partner at the time). In a way, I kinda enjoy it with the baccy, but I guess it's the additives or whatever bullshit hooks you up (apart from nicotine..). HOWEVER, next joint is gonna be pure :P

• 10 months later...

I believe nicotine is found in the nightshade plants of which one is the deadly version , sorry thats all i know, plus i smoke burn and i like it even though i know its killing me, i wonder who else thinks like that, but the way i look at it is... if im vaping and swollowing r.s.o every now and then well im bullet proof , am i not ?

burn? i take it you have entertained her majesty also? :)

THC actually can cure certain cancer too. it can detect some forms and they tells the cells to commit suicide. its the only drug to do this as far as i know. it also gives you a reduced risk of getting cancer. my problem is i still smoke it with tobacco bar the odd bong on a night.

I smoked pure for around 6 months and it was incredible, needed around 2-3 joints a day, or usually one blunt (shared with my partner at the time). In a way, I kinda enjoy it with the baccy, but I guess it's the additives or whatever bullshit hooks you up (apart from nicotine..). HOWEVER, next joint is gonna be pure :P

i just go from straight to high in 1 doobie on pure. my eyes look red as hell. i feel fine though. now im growing again i want to quit tobacco again. last time i went no tobacco for 2 years and was using pure with a blunt wrap but they are almost an eighth so a bit expensive when you are buying it. but its certainly a different type of high without tobacco.

• 8 months later...

I try to stick to just vaporizing now. Got so used to it that I can now use my solo on the highest setting without it irritating my throat/lungs

I supplement occasionally, if I feel I need a heavier, more intense hit I use a glass bubbler or I use my pipe for a quick, pure hit

No mixing it with tobacco for me anymore.

Edited by Dizzy1
  • Like 1