flood and drain coco

Hempire Road

Can anyone point me toward a system,  that would flood out a 30 litre air pot of coco 3 times a day? Like  2 single module flood and drain for 2 big vegged scrog plants? I have already got the 100 litre flex tank. Just need ideas for a system if any DIY heads are good to chime in on a relatively straight forward flood and drain module for 2 scrogged trees?  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been thinking to use a flood setup.

You would need drain valves to close while you fill the pot. 

Base of the pot would need one exit port which you could close.

• Like 1

On 24/03/2021 at 1:26 AM, Hempire Road said:

Can anyone point me toward a system,  that would flood out a 30 litre air pot of coco 3 times a day? Like  2 single module flood and drain for 2 big vegged scrog plants?

Pot size in coco only means how many times you have to water the plant... big plant small pot lots of watering, big plant big pot not so many waterings. Think about it.

Anyway, The IWS Flood & Drain system comes with a myriad of pot sizes - you can get the 25ltr inner & outer pot (10ltr and 16ltr, too) I'd probably just use that system tbh instead of pulling your hair out trying to build something for the sake of a 30tr air pot. You can get fabric pots large enough to place inside the outer pot and fold around the lip of the pot - I know lads do this to some success, keeps the system clean of debris and goes some way to keeping the roots in the pot and not down the pipes.

• Like 4

bigger the pots the better in flood and drain imho. 

A mate went from, i think it was 12litre ones to 20's and the plants were much bigger and healthie, altho hes using hydroton, not coco, the principle is the same.

• Like 2

Thanks lads:yep: I'm going to try and do it away for something to do in the autumn.  Thinking on 2 plastic potty type containers that just flood up to the level of the coco a few times a day with some airstones half way up the pot to pin it in place . I'm doing a long veg with a proper scrog pinned to the deck,  come stretch . I know this will be epic on multifeeds with a rooted out 30 litre pot will also tone down watering frequency for my knees and bad back. They also drink like fook in flower and this will make sure I never get one phase of drying out pots.Take care and happy sunday

Edited by Hempire Road