How many applications of Harkers Mectin is too many?

samokybacon

Hi all,, so ive been fighting what i can only assume is the Borg now for the last 12 days. (inherited from dodge cuts)

I'm going in for my 6th application of Harkers tomorrow at an upped dosage of 1.5ml per ltr.  I've upped it since the 4th application form an initial 1ml per ltr for the first 3 rounds

I'm gunna need to flip in a weeks time as things are getting crowded.

I've definitely made a massive impact but on checking today 12 days in i can still find  a few eggs and two of the little fuckers alive.

How many times can you use Harkers?

Should i just keep spraying every other day for another week of veg and then the first week of flower? 

Or is it worth going all out and getting some KillerPlant Vitality KillerMite 250ml asap and smashing couple of treatments of that in the same time frame?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :skin_up: 

Edited by samokybacon
update

On 3/22/2021 at 1:57 AM, Slippy One said:

Yep, looks like Killermite just got another customer. :yep:

absolute newbie here I checked out harkers mectin, is it that the same shit used on pigeons and shit ? :D  damn you guys got so many highideas, I bet it works well Im wondering about the toxicity, btw Slippy one are you implying that killermite is better, more effective?

is it this ?

https://www.gardeners-corner.com/product/plant-vitality-killermite-250ml/

• Like 1

So here we are,, 7 applications of Harkers over a three week period and what do i find this eve,, the fucking BORG!  :wallbash:

Ive been trying to avoid using the killer mite but i aint giving up now,, it arrived Saturday so tomorrow they are gunna get hit with the killer shit!!!! :skull:

Can anyone on here confirm that killer mite is indeed safe to use on cannabis in veg?

There seams to be a fair few opinions on here and from what I've read its ok to use in veg but not in flower?? Sticks around for a couple of weeks then alls good?

Im running some wedding cake cuts and they are a 10 week flower. I'm yet to flip,, so i'm hoping they will have enuf time to pass any systemic resiue. Im also planning a heavy defoil a couple of weeks after application and into 12/12 thatl clear most of the sprayed leafs.

Is the mectin old ? I use similar /same chemical and I think it has a lifespan ,some bottles maybe more diluted . Killermite is pretty much the same stuff but a new bottle might be the best shot . For now mix in some rosemary or ,rape seed ,neem oil ,and a drop of was up liquid in tepid water as a sticker . SMC might be a good one to alternate with ,none of them in flower though . That'll slow them further and maybe up the solution further . If you have Co2 ,closed room ,no fans running, that'll help suffocate them and aid transpiration  . I'm not recommending a Co2 fire extinguisher!

You can also knock them back with excessive heat for a few hours ,sort of being cruel to be kind . The plants won't like the heat but likewise the creepy crawlies . 

If you have a farmers store /co-op nearby go there and ask for the smallest bottle of Ivermectin maybe . I'd bet there'll be a bit more poke in it .

Edited by Michael Luchóg

1 minute ago, Michael Luchóg said:

Is the mectin old ?

i have some that's at least ten years old now i reckon, still works fine

i still get them late in flower but that's my bloody dog sleeping right beside my tent every night i think

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ratdog said:

are you spraying fully under the leaves as well as on top?

Yes mate, 500ml fresh Harkers mix made directly before application with luke warm water and a drop of washing up liquid, then shaken well.

Sprayed top and bottom from every angle. 

Tent hoover'd and wiped down with medical grade wipes

My harkers bottle has a use by date of Jan 2024.

Just now, ratdog said:

i have some that's at least ten years old now i reckon, still works fine

i still get them late in flower but that's my bloody dog sleeping right beside my tent every night i think

You could be right too . We've one member here that finally managed to get rid of them after years switching treatments .

Put a mask on the dog and spray him/her down ! I had russets and I had broad mites . Broad mites are a doddle to treat in comparison . I haven't had them in two years though . 

If it's not working and Co2 won't suffocate them then napalm is the next best thing . Maybe dunk the plants in a big bucket of mixed solution ,and a bit of a root drench . I struggled more with thrips becoming immune to all sorts of treatments but again ,with regular spraying I haven't seen the in quite a few years thankfully . They don't like seaweed extract either ,well I think so . 

Hope you get rid of them fellas . 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 29/03/2021 at 10:17 PM, Michael Luchóg said:

They don't like seaweed extract either ,well I think so . 

I think I remember reading some years back that the tiny fragments of seaweed can slice up the mites as it flies out of the sprayer. Whether or not that's actually true I'm not sure, but it does sound pretty gnarly though! lol

• Like 1

Just a reminder to those struggling that alternating treatments is very important. Ideally treatments with a different mode of action. The ones that are not affected by the poison then get blasted with something else that kills them physically, and vice versa.

I successfully rid some cuttings of mites recently using a combo of Sbpi (contact), harkers, (translaminar miticide), bug clear ultra (acetamiprid, systemic) and they got blasted with something almost every day for 3 weeks... Even if its just water, its still making life hard for them! Trying one spray for a few weeks before moving onto another when it doesn't work is just going to breed resilient mites.

• Like 2