Best cheap battery powered Dry Herb Vaporizer's

Military Grade

Anyone know of a decent cloud producing battery powered vaporizers preferably under £50 and are also easy to clean?

I already own a DynaVap M and while i love using it via a bong it just don't cut it for me when smoking as a joint, But i'm looking for something to use while on the go without having to carry a touch lighter around with me. So i thought I'd come to the best place i know for some advice my UK420 Army:yep:

You need to spend double that and perhaps triple that to get something decent tbh mate. From what youve said all you will get with cheap vapes is dissapointment. Buy cheap, buy twice they say. :yep:

I think you need take a break from joints to fully appreciate vapes. I used to think joints got me higher. I have the odd joint now these days but it doesnt get me any higher than my vapes.

Edited by Furtive
  • Like 4

@Military Grade Best one you could get for a bit more is the £59 Storm Sapphire, it looks an exact copy of the XMax Starry v3, which I have which I used till I got the Tiny Might. The XMax I still have and is a back up now. Could not fault it for the price which cost me £95ish. In fact just looking on Vapefiend at the Sapphire and the little kit is better than the more expensive xMax. But they are the same by the looks of it. Takes concentrates as well:) 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Dr Krepituz said:

@Military Grade Best one you could get for a bit more is the £59 Storm Sapphire, it looks an exact copy of the XMax Starry v3, which I have which I used till I got the Tiny Might. The XMax I still have and is a back up now. Could not fault it for the price which cost me £95ish. In fact just looking on Vapefiend at the Sapphire and the little kit is better than the more expensive xMax. But they are the same by the looks of it. Takes concentrates as well:) 

Thanks for the info fella:yep:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Furtive said:

You need to spend double that and perhaps triple that to get something decent tbh mate. From what youve said all you will get with cheap vapes is dissapointment. Buy cheap, buy twice they say. :yep:

I think you need take a break from joints to fully appreciate vapes. I used to think joints got me higher. I have the odd joint now these days but it doesnt get me any higher than my vapes.

I remember seeing comments on here and videos of decent budget dry herb vapes, but can't remember what they was as i wasn't really looking for that sort of thing at the time.

As for stopping smoking joints to appreciate vapes, Well i've been doing that on and off since 2017 fella lol, It's a different kinda high vape and smoke, I mainly vape bong dry herb at home and vape concentrates or blunts while out and about, Hence wanting to change the blunt's for a battery powered dry herb vaper lol

There is always a gem in the budget range of most things so thought I'd ask here to people that actually own and used a potential gem. I got a Linx ember concentrates pen recently for £35 and the thing is great, good vape production, easy to clean and easy to collect reclaim.

I don't mind increasing the budget a little for something better if needed:yep:

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

@Military Grade no probs welcome, I'd avoid the Black Mamber Vape (unless it's been improved) there were comments on reviews that there were particles or fibers potentially coming loose in the mouthpiece. They may have changed it now though, but the other thing is it's plastic, where as the xMax / Sapphire are metal bodied and replaceable 18650 battery. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dr Krepituz said:

@Military Grade no probs welcome, I'd avoid the Black Mamber Vape (unless it's been improved) there were comments on reviews that there were particles or fibers potentially coming loose in the mouthpiece. They may have changed it now though, but the other thing is it's plastic, where as the xMax / Sapphire are metal bodied and replaceable 18650 battery. 

Looks pretty decent definitely on the list of potentials:yep:

Edited by Military Grade

@Dr Krepituz I see there is a similar looking one with a screen and changeable battery called Spirit from Storm, does cost £109 though might be worth the extra to have the ability to change out the battery when it gets old.

What did you use to clean your XMax? i see some parts ain't so Iso friendly in the long run.

Edited by Military Grade

@Military Grade I used ISO to clean it with, I cleaned the chamber of any bits with a tooth pick and got some cotton wool buds the Qtips (American name) dipped them in the iso and gently cleaned the chamber and then dried it. I top the top cap off and dipped that in Iso and left it soak for about 10-20 mins and rinsed it out with hot water. put it back together and gave it a final dry buy switching it on for 2 or 3 mins. I'll take the Xmax apart and post up a couple of pics to show you how it is after 2 and a bit years.

The chamber is a bit stained now and the top mouth piece is a bit loose. It needs a new O ring in the top cap but it still works Ok. It's easy to take off the mouthpiece circlip and dismantle it and deep clean, also the O rings are cheap enough to get a couple of packs. For a cheap vape I felt it was well worth the money. I'd definitely get the one with the removable 18650 battery really handy to change it over. I liked it because it's small made of metal and will take Mr Clumsy dropping the fucker. For a conduction, session vape it's ok. I hate the taste of tobacco so smoking was always a means to an end, the dry herb vape changed everything. You can really taste the difference, with a joint it's burnt s**t but with the vape you get a taste of the citrus and pine and stuff, the first 3 'pulls' being the best.

It may just be me but I have seen other people on the forum say that the 'hit' is stronger with a joint and that does seem to be the case however you loose so much for what you gain. The vape is good cause you can do a low temp session the you get a second go with a mix and a stir and vape it again at a higher temp. It was only on the forum here that I realised that you could use the ABV again as edibles or mix it up with Nutella and munch it up. So with the vape you get 3 shots for the price of one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Krepituz said:

It may just be me but I have seen other people on the forum say that the 'hit' is stronger with a joint and that does seem to be the case however you loose so much for what you gain. The vape is good cause you can do a low temp session the you get a second go with a mix and a stir and vape it again at a higher temp. It was only on the forum here that I realised that you could use the ABV again as edibles or mix it up with Nutella and munch it up. So with the vape you get 3 shots for the price of one.

It's not that the hit is less strong, it's different, cleaner, because you don't have the side effects of nicotine and CO. But it clearly comes slower. With combustion and baccy, the hit is immediate, as soon as you take a puff. Vaping you have to wait a bit and the high comes more gradually. But in the end, you're still completely baked. :smokin:

@Military Grade: maybe you could buy used to get something higher end ? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dr Krepituz said:

@Military Grade I used ISO to clean it with, I cleaned the chamber of any bits with a tooth pick and got some cotton wool buds the Qtips (American name) dipped them in the iso and gently cleaned the chamber and then dried it. I top the top cap off and dipped that in Iso and left it soak for about 10-20 mins and rinsed it out with hot water. put it back together and gave it a final dry buy switching it on for 2 or 3 mins. I'll take the Xmax apart and post up a couple of pics to show you how it is after 2 and a bit years.

The chamber is a bit stained now and the top mouth piece is a bit loose. It needs a new O ring in the top cap but it still works Ok. It's easy to take off the mouthpiece circlip and dismantle it and deep clean, also the O rings are cheap enough to get a couple of packs. For a cheap vape I felt it was well worth the money. I'd definitely get the one with the removable 18650 battery really handy to change it over. I liked it because it's small made of metal and will take Mr Clumsy dropping the fucker. For a conduction, session vape it's ok. I hate the taste of tobacco so smoking was always a means to an end, the dry herb vape changed everything. You can really taste the difference, with a joint it's burnt s**t but with the vape you get a taste of the citrus and pine and stuff, the first 3 'pulls' being the best.

Nice one for the feedback:yep:

Sounds a lot like my Dynavap experience except i use that through a glass bong lol

• Like 1

Just looked at the start of the review of the Storm, does the glass mouthpiece and different top cap come with the vape kit or do you have to buy that separately? as that looks good to have another option as the metal flip out tube mouth piece does get quite hot on the 2nd or 3rd bowl if the temp is up high.  

• Like 1

Just now, Dr Krepituz said:

Just looked at the start of the review of the Storm, does the glass mouthpiece and different top cap come with the vape kit or do you have to buy that separately? as that looks good to have another option as the metal flip out tube mouth piece does get quite hot on the 2nd or 3rd bowl if the temp is up high.  

The Sapphire it comes separately. But with the discount code it works out as about £5 if you Cound the vaporizer as full price within that discount. The plan would be to get that glass mouthpiece too. As one of the reviews did mention the ones that comes with it does get hot after a few goes in a row. Thing is I'm THC sensitive so I'll probably only take two puffs and stop lol

• Like 1

I have been on the vapefiend site and the glass mouthpiece and cap is £15 but for a penny, they also have the screens and concentrate pads. I need a couple of the small filter screens  as they are fiddly to get in and out and easy to damage. But it's good value I have to say.

• Like 1