Meanwell drivers

Blueberet

Hi all, 

can anybody be helpful enough to explain the difference between 2 meanwell drivers for me. 
HLG320H-48B

HLG320H-C2800

It will be connected to 3 quantum boards

42-48V

max 2400mA

if that info is needed.

HLG320H-48B would need to be wired in parralel and HLG320H-C2800 would need be wired in series also if it has a A on the end it has a nylon screw dinmmer if it has B on the end you will need to wire a dimmer too it like a 100k pot.

here is a vid might explain better

Edited by WhyNotEyy
added youtube link
  • Like 1

The c2800 will only supply 2800mA constant current.  Only enough for 1 board. You need the 48A or 48B or 48AB  constant voltage 48 Volt driver and wire your boards in parallel, all 3 boards must be connected before switching on.

Since TME no longer shipping to UK I had to get my driver from Farnell.

• Like 1

Cheers guys, WhyNotEyy that vid and the other 3 were very informative thanks. Not sure I understand Ajimango on why the c2800 will only supply one board? But from the vids it seems the 48 makes more sense anyway. Think there’s more to the A vs B dimming after watching the vids. The A has the ability to control voltage or current and the B I’m not sure some kind of mix? Not sure what 3-1 is?

was thinking 2400mA per board but not all 3. That's way I said the c2800 wudnt be enough. Better to go for the constant volt driver or you'll be running at 150V.

If you don't mind the adjustment pots on the driver go for the 'A' driver.

3 in 1 is can dim by voltage, pwm or resistance.

B can dim current only.

Edited by Ajimango
more info
  • Like 1

Yes it is 2.4A per board but when I used the driver calculator it said that the c2800 would be the right match. And I was further confused because after watching the LED Gardener videos he was also hooking up multiple quantum boards to a c1400 driver.

Anyway the 48 makes more sense for me so it will be that. Cheers again guys

• Like 1