re-using coco.....anyone

badbillybob

On 03/04/2021 at 4:50 AM, Personunknown said:

Reuse a couple times then the  garden gets it or in winter the log burner (5kg Blocks)

That's a good idea. Do you have a press to make coir blocks for the burner? Cheers 

• Like 1

good thinking i could use my bearing press, but just toss root balls in the wood burner , I buy coir blocks (Cheaper)

• Like 1

You'd still be suprised what you could tease relatively easily, probaly enough to cut on 2/3 cuts, and root up to say 2.5L pots - Its not to be sniffed at.

Its not a monetry savin

On 03/04/2021 at 1:45 AM, Smokey90 said:

Its 14 quid a bag so why would you reuse it for anything other than the garden? Id rather not risk any problems with old rotten roots ect  with my nice cuttings that i care about but do what you want but to me its a risk 

lol, theres no risk mate :) IMHO anyway - and its not about saving a tenner, its about resusing stuff, reducing passive carbon footprint, reducing diesel/co2, reducing carting your husks through the suez canal, or across the Caribbean, through the Americas, and across the Atlantic so you can grow your 'nice' cuttings :)

The sky is big, and the picture is bigger... :hippy:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

When I've ran out I have re-used coco on a number of occasions. I've just broken it up by hand and into pot without washing or treating it. Never had any issues and plants have grown as normal but it isn't something I do regularly.  

• Like 2