Slow burn

Hashmaker6

I’ve got the go ahead to construct a brick outbuilding.  It will appear to be a shed, pitch roof, but it will be cavity wall, insulated floor. Essentially a small house with electricity but no running water.  The building will be partitioned at the back to provide a space approx 3m x 1.5m (might be able to push to 2m.

Now, there is a load of stuff i need to sort first, but construction is likely to happen towards end of summer.  

for stealth purposes, there will only be 1 door and I’m thinking of an internal block wall with a false door in it through which I would enter into the space. That might look too obvious though so I could stud the partition with Marine ply......?

Ceiling will be pitched following the roof, just insulated and boarded with ply so lots of

flexibility for hanging stuff.  Internal walls, floor and ceiling painted in white bathroom/kitchen paint (or should I use exterior paint?)

I have never grown indoors before, so keen to walk before running.   At the moment, focus is on space and infrastructure design, i may have it so its one room to start, so that I can get used to running a system, but can then be divided into 2 rooms later on which finally configured would be: 1m x 1.5m for 6 mothers and their babies and then a 1.5 x 1.5 for flowering and finally a floor to ceiling cupboard joined to the flower room 50cm , 1.5 for drying.

i have power up there ready, am thinking of putting an internal floor drain in to help with waste, it can just run out to a soakaway...... water source im thinking of using rainwater..... (or is that a no-no?) 

That’s it so far, illl put pics up as it takes off but im in a great position to custom build this from scratch...... so any thoughts on what I should plan in at this stage gratefully received!!

Edited by Hashmaker6
General grammar
  • Like 2

Rain water is best imo! Get cheap water butt upto a drain pipe and it will fill really quickly! 210l will do.

• Like 1