When do you class as starting veg ?

Dapex

Just curious as to when you lot class the start of Veg period ?  
my plant is 8 weeks old tomorrow but she has only been in the NFT for 4 weeks. 

so would that be 4 weeks as seedling ( I waited till the roots were showing out the bottom of rockwool before I put her in the system) and 4 weeks of veg ? 
or 2 weeks as seedling and 6 weeks of veg ??

cheers large.AB643101-BC3A-4B72-AB91-382A30F42CDB.jpeglarge.89FD9D1A-1709-4149-9B7E-F5015C113618.jpeglarge.A3400E73-CA58-41A2-955E-3199FF79A572.jpeg

Vegging is from the off. I regard it a seedling up to the 6th node, which is about two weeks, if things are going ok.

Why does it matter. Different if you are flowering because some like to flush or reduce feed etc but when you are vegging you just flower when the plant or you are ready to unless you grow auto$.

Plus vegging times differ dramatically all depending on light and environment whereas flowering periods are more the same

Owd

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, Owderb said:

Why does it matter. Different if you are flowering because some like to flush or reduce feed etc but when you are vegging you just flower when the plant or you are ready to unless you grow auto$.

Plus vegging times differ dramatically all depending on light and environment whereas flowering periods are more the same

Owd

Doesn’t matter as such. More curious as this is my first grow and people ask how long she has been in veg and I’m never sure what to say.  

also most feeding schedules I have seen seem to presume 4 weeks in veg.  

Have U got another net ? 

that one is way too low IMO unless u have another to put in 

:skin_up:

Edited by zen-ken

11 hours ago, zen-ken said:

Have U got another net ? 

that one is way too low IMO unless u have another to put in 

:skin_up:

Yes I do have a other net for further up. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Agree with Owd here.

Two weeks is a good standing point. I'd use that as a rule of thumb.

Cuttings would be around the same. Some take only a week to root.

Your setup looks great for a first timer. Don't forget to start pulling it under the net, don't want that central area getting too high or dense.

You can always trim the top of bushy areas to make sure the growth continues around the outer edges of the plant towards net voids.

Pull the plant down under the net every few days so you can send it where you want.

Scrog is a great process man. Have you got a diary going.