What to do with water from NFT system ?

Dapex

Hey. I am using the GT424 NFT system.  Obviously when the water level is near the minimum I empty it out and fill with fresh nute water. 

But it does kinda annoy me tipping almost 20 litres of nutrient rich water away.  

is there anything anyone uses the water for ?

any way to stop it being so wasteful ??

Don't know if it would do any harm, but could you not put it in a water butt and save it for putting on the lawn or use it around the garden as you say seems a shame to send it down the sink if you can use it elsewhere.

You could use it to water plants in the garden but use it sparringly or in intervals as it'll be more salty than most plants would like but pouring it down the plug is the most logical answer personally. The water will be collected filtered and reused by the council anyway and 1000litres costs a bit under £2 so 20 litres once a week isn't going to save you anything on the wallet either