Waste Juicer pulp

Toad81

If you have ever left the waste pulp from a juicer too long ( not even that long)in the bin or wherever  it starts smelling pretty funky but a healthy funk,,like definitely some fermentation going on,,

would just chuck on the compost pile if available,,,Is there other ways to make use of this random fruit n veg goodness for the garden,,thinking along the KNF ferments type lines? Enzymes and yeasts ,,OR am barking up the wrong tree and just bin it,?  ,,ta?

That stuff would be perfect for a bokashi or an indoor wormery type thing

Dunelm miln do a compost caddy for £6. a bokashi bin would be best, I think about £30. It's table top fermentation a d it creates a juice you pour from a tap and put on the plants. 

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 1

@Whatwentwrong . Keep hearing about Bokashi but never read up about it so thank you thats stoned sundays reading sorted !

also ,

any idea what would result if a load of the juicer pulp waste was mixed with fish heads, bones etc topped with water and put in a demi-jon with an airlock and left,,,

no idea how biobizz make fish mix but obviously involves fish and am sure a bit fermentation also,,which the natural yeasts in the fruits n veg would provide ? Maybe ad a-bit molasses,,

would this be a crude form fish mix? Dont ever want to try fish wine !!

cheers,,,

1 hour ago, Toad81 said:

would this be a crude form fish mix?

Look up instructions for fish emulsion.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Toad81 said:

@Whatwentwrong . Keep hearing about Bokashi but never read up about it so thank you thats stoned sundays reading sorted !

also ,

any idea what would result if a load of the juicer pulp waste was mixed with fish heads, bones etc topped with water and put in a demi-jon with an airlock and left,,,

no idea how biobizz make fish mix but obviously involves fish and am sure a bit fermentation also,,which the natural yeasts in the fruits n veg would provide ? Maybe ad a-bit molasses,,

would this be a crude form fish mix? Dont ever want to try fish wine !!

cheers,,,

There is a bran or something you buy with the bokashi bin that ferments the food. The bin itself is just a posh bit of plastic. 

Why not do what you said but buy the bokashi bran to stick in with it so it has all the micro organisms to break the food down. 

• Like 1

A fresh emulsion fertilizer mixture can be easily made from one-part fresh fish, three-parts sawdust, and one bottle of unsulfured molasses. It’s usually necessary to add a little water too. Place the mixture in a large container with a lid, stirring and turning daily for about two weeks until the fish are broken down.

From gardeningknowhow dot com

• Like 1

I've recently invested in 2 Bokashi bins, they are 16 litres each. As well as putting in our daily organic scraps, I plan to add things like comfrey, seaweed, fish bits and nettles to further enrich the finished product. I am going to use the liquid as my main feed and add the remaining organic stuff into a no till bed and a compost heap. I am also thinking of getting a worm farm going.

• Like 3