Ph with Growers Ark range

Slow jam

I was only talking about this the other day with someone who is far more knowledgable than I am when it comes to plants. I'm trying to dial my new room in and although my plants looked great the yield is not there and I was told to up my basic A+B to the maximum I could get it because he said the plant misses out on the basic NPK it requires when you feed with low ec's. I have a background of .3 and was running at 2.5ml/ltr at the most and getting a reading of 1.2-1.3. My plants looked great though so to me it looked as though any more food and they wouldn't like it and they did look fine. This grow Ive upped my food from the start of the grow and started hitting the clones with 2ml/ltr as soon as they rooted and now I'm at the start of week 5 and I'm giving them just over 3.5ml/ltr (145ml/40ltr) and I'm getting a reading of 1.5-1.6.

Ive also limited the negative pressure to the minimum to help with VPD because he also suspected I had far too much negative pressure in the dark period (intake fan goes off during the dark)

I haven't grown with this high an ec for a while and the plants dont look burned or overfed and look really nice and to my eye look a little better (bud size) than the last grow but only time will tell. I'd also like to add I dont ph at all but if I did test it it would be around 6.5-6.6 going in

Extra traces and root stim shouldn't add anything to your ec readings

This does affect ph though (the feeding) because the higher the ml/ltr the lower the ph should come

Owd 

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 6

Just now, fatboy77 said:

1.8ec and run off ranges from 2.7 - 2.0.

Usually when the run off EC comes out higher than it goes in and the plants look well its due to dry back, not overfeeding :yep: Awesome plants as well mate, they look really well! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

Usually when the run off EC comes out higher than it goes in and the plants look well its due to dry back, not overfeeding :yep: 

Tell me about it, nothing I can do.  I can only get there once a day, they need more than that though.  I just have to put the extra litres through every now and then to keep it in check. 

Ive not checked my pH in a long time. I normally top out around 1.1-1.3 ec which is 2 to 2.5ml per litre of GA bloom and my pH was 6.3 when I checked it when first got GA, never been checked since. Starting ec is around 0.4 in summer and 0.4-0.5 in winter, I'm guessing this is off northumbrian water swapping sources depending on water levels.

I'm not one for checking run off e.c neither but I did out of curiosity the other day and 1.3 went in and 1.7 came out.

Should probably mention that my water report reckons I've got slightly hard water aswell lol and I use soft water version.

Edited by ukbudz
Missed info
  • Like 2

just to echo comments already made using coco + GA in soft water, I used to ph to 5.8 but then stopped and just let the nutes do their thing and lowered my EC to 1.2/1.3 3ml per litre and my yield went up but not because of the lower EC but because of the better ph range for coco. 

Interesting to hear about the higher EC @Owderb. For veg and the majority of flower EC is 1.2 then week 5/6 I up to 1.3/1.4 as a kind of boost, due to multi straining however I do find some like this regimen and others don't i.e. they could go a bit higher as the bigger feeders begin to show signs of deficiencies nearer the end   

• Like 2