Thrip, spider mite or something else

Firstimegrower_420

Hi all. 

Plants just moving into flower and trying to take all precautionary measures against any bugs. Ive been spraying sbpi over the last fortnight, even if nothing has been there its apparently helping as a foilage feeder and ive not seen any deterioration in the plants. 

Ive got yellow sticky traps hanging over the canopy.

I now stopped sbpi as Ive just bought some sachets you hang on the branches to fight spider mites. 

I'm not sure if I even have them, but something is affecting leaves, ive done a massive defoliation and although I think my plants look healthy in growth and colour im no happy the leaves are getting nibbled/marked

Should I buy the sachets to help fight thrip? Is there something else that it may be that im no seeing. 

Any advice appreciated 

large.20210310_083203_resized_resized_resized_copy_1296x2892.jpglarge.20210310_083211_resized_resized.jpglarge.20210310_083223_resized_resized_resized_resized_copy_1524x3348.jpglarge.20210310_081815_copy_1200x1600.jpglarge.20210310_081807_copy_1500x2000.jpg

Do you think it could be just moving the plants around? I get this when I move them to the bath for their neem sprays and I get leaf damage . I occasionally scrape a leaf past the hot LED diodes that looks like a deficiency or something. Also, isn't it best to use SPBI sparingly? Like hit them on day 1, then again on day 3-4 to get the hatchlings. Understanding the 2 week life cycle of mites helps explain the best moves. I use neem spray in the same manner which makes them starve coz the leaf tastes so bad. The sachets sound like predator mites, which I would only deploy if I had evidence of mites under a leaf. 

If you're really worried about mites and want the best product that wipes them out on contact, including eggs, it's about £50 for 250ml. Can't remember the name of it but it's the best of the best. Better than abermectin apparently. 

Its hard to tell but it doesn't look like any thrip damage! 

When I had thrips they left a silvery/gold almost see through sheen on splotches of the leaves .. And the underside of damaged leaves had lots of small black dots all over them (their droppings)

Edited by FergusGrowman
And by the way thrips don't chew leaves either .. They suck the juice out