Water

onetime

I’m not one of them growers stuck in their ways I will question something if I think there’s a reason.

I keep reading posts inc in this forum about water 

Mainly “ there no need to let it stand “

in organic grows from my reading albeit 35 years ago,had to start learning from books back then alou I was part of a old forum for a while.everything pointed towards letting water sit.

if someone can tell me why it doesn’t matter other than “ there’s no need to let it stand “ it’s something I’ll find useful.

I know plants use chlorophyll However from what I learnt it also kills bacteria the good & the bad inc the microbes organic grows want to then keep alive surely adding water straight from the tap isn’t a thing you want to do with organically grown? 

also at the end you don’t want a plant full of it as it’s gonna give you a headache ? 

Old learning or ? 

i go straight from the tap mate, no problems at all, and i can get the temp bang on by using the mixer in the kitchen.

you can get a neutraliser if you want, but i don't think it matters in the grand scheme, doesn't seem to harm the benny's

• Like 4

There was a study quoted somewhere on the forum saying that chlorine only kills a few bacteria from the superficial soil's layer, and that these bacteria breed fast enough to get their number back in a few hours. Just can't find it now...

FWIW, I let my water stand in the tent for temperature purpose, because it's easier that way for me (I take water from an outside tap to avoid kid's questions).

• Like 2

Tap is fine. Leaving water to sit doesn't remove the chloramine so it's pointless.  If you're adding expensive shit like mammoth p to your feed, it's worth using neutralise, otherwise just crack on. 

It doesn't remove chloramine, but it removes chlorine. Is UK's water chloraminated everywhere ? Real question I don't live there, there's only chlorine in my tap water (which I don't care anymore).

Edited by purepotstill
  • Like 1

I bought a bottle of that Neutralise stuff which has been used for the last couple of grows.  There's no noticeable difference other than the smell of the water once added.  I have the bottle now so might as well continue using it until it's empty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceiling Cat said:

I bought a bottle of that Neutralise stuff which has been used for the last couple of grows.  There's no noticeable difference other than the smell of the water once added.  I have the bottle now so might as well continue using it until it's empty.

it definitely works though, put a bottle of chlorinated water in your growroom and a treated one, under my cmh the treated one goes green within 24 hours

i only use it when mixing up the biosys and early watering

• Like 3

I use water straight from the tap (but I must point out tha t I'm a shite grower lol but although I've never grown truly good weed, I've never grown truly bad weed either :) ). Only reason I fill the watering bottle up and leave it the night before is to bring it up to the temperature of the compost, so the roots don't get a shock when I pour the water/feed mix in.

• Like 2

@GSZZ do you use neutralise with mammoth 

P?

I seee you said you got 20% better. Can you do post on mammoth sometime please? Really interested. Sorry tangent I know. 

11 hours ago, purepotstill said:

these bacteria breed fast enough to get their number back in a few hours.

only a few moments infact :yep:

• Like 5

I refuse to get into this again

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 6

My last grow I didn’t bother with neutralise or anything that removes chlorine/Chloramine

Not a blind bit of difference, straight from the tap to the pots :) 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 7:23 PM, onetime said:

I know plants use chlorophyll However from what I learnt it also kills bacteria the good & the bad inc the microbes organic grows want to then keep alive surely adding water straight from the tap isn’t a thing you want to do with organically grown? 

Chlorophyll isn't chlorine mate, chlorophyll does not contain chlorine as the name might suggest; the chloro- portion stems from the Greek chloros, which means yellowish green. The element chlorine derives its name from the same source, being a yellowish-green gas.  :hippy:

• Like 3

Yeah maestag :thumbs up: I posted that in a garbled way.  Musta been more mashed on bubblehash than I thought. :) 

Reason I asked was the guano I use has added microbes I don’t want to kill them adding it to water that hadn’t sit.

• Like 1