Rdwc airpump

Dsmile

Im currently using an aco-9820 for 7x 200mm disc stones, ita 60l/pm pump and im beginning to wonder if its necessary or overkill? Im using a hailea v30 for a 70l oxypot and the sound is almost silent compared but half the output. 

The humm from the aco9820 is quite loud through the house which is quite annoying considering Its hung inside my tent by bunjees under its wings, I've also used acoustic ducting, s&p fans, anti vibtation mats through the tent so to have this making noise is kinda irrutating. 

Can anyone suggest the quietest pump theyve used for a similar size setup? 

36 minutes ago, Dsmile said:

Im currently using an aco-9820 for 7x 200mm disc stones, ita 60l/pm pump and im beginning to wonder if its necessary or overkill? Im using a hailea v30 for a 70l oxypot and the sound is almost silent compared but half the output. 

The humm from the aco9820 is quite loud through the house which is quite annoying considering Its hung inside my tent by bunjees under its wings, I've also used acoustic ducting, s&p fans, anti vibtation mats through the tent so to have this making noise is kinda irrutating. 

Can anyone suggest the quietest pump theyve used for a similar size setup? 

The air rating is not the whole story.....the pressure it can drive is also a factor IMO 

The very best air pumps ( and I have used a lot of different ones over the past 20 years) are hailea and Medo 

:skin_up:

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 1

the quietest ones ive come across are the hailea aco 9730's. 

ive got 3 of them, beasts of things they are, but very silent for 60 l/min pumps.

• Like 2

I have used a couple of Jeboa Jecod DC pumps - I don't recommend them - still using one but it leaks, not a big issue as it's submersed, but wasn't intended to be. The other smaller unit stopped working after 4 months.

They're excellent in theory, adjustable and economical, but shit in practice, in my experience.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, QQ710 said:

I have used a couple of Jeboa Jecod DC pumps - I don't recommend them - still using one but it leaks, not a big issue as it's submersed, but wasn't intended to be. The other smaller unit stopped working after 4 months.

They're excellent in theory, adjustable and economical, but shit in practice, in my experience.

good information, but i think  hes on about airpumps.....

• Like 2

Just now, badbillybob said:

good information, but i think  hes on about airpumps.....

Doh!!!!!!!!!!! - cheers @badbillybob

Edited by QQ710
Bad info ):
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, badbillybob said:

the quietest ones ive come across are the hailea aco 9730's. 

ive got 3 of them, beasts of things they are, but very silent for 60 l/min pumps.

Have you tried the aco9820? Its also supposed to be supersilent, maybe it is compared to others in its class, ive only got the hailea v30 to compare with and its half the output. 

The 9820 is running kind of hot also so ill keep an eye out for the 9730. 

Thanks 

Edited by Dsmile
  • Like 1

Just now, Dsmile said:

Have you tried the aco9820? Its also supposed to be supersilent, maybe it is compared to others in its class, ive only got the hailea v30 to compare with and its half the output. 

The 9820 is running kind of hot also so ill keep an eye out for the 9730. 

Thanks 

I’ve got a aco9820 running right now as well as a medo . 

• Like 2

i havnt tried the 9820, ive tried most others though. 

i phoned up  a leading UK koi carp shop/supplier and spun him a story that my koi pond was directly below my bedroom window and i needed a pond that was super silent. because my old one was waking me up all the time.

the aco 9730 was what he recommended....and ive now got 3 of them, i wouldnt buy another pump to be honest. 

thay all get hot, its a by product of the friction caused by the diaphragm inside it. . check the intake filter regularly too, and clean it.

• Like 2

Just now, badbillybob said:

i havnt tried the 9820, ive tried most others though. 

i phoned up  a leading UK koi carp shop/supplier and spun him a story that my koi pond was directly below my bedroom window and i needed a pond that was super silent. because my old one was waking me up all the time.

the aco 9730 was what he recommended....and ive now got 3 of them, i wouldnt buy another pump to be honest. 

thay all get hot, its a by product of the friction caused by the diaphragm inside it. . check the intake filter regularly too, and clean it.

I have read in several koi forums the exact same thing as billy about the 9730 being the “quietest” air pump

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 2

Thanks for the replies, I might as well try out the 9730 and compare, then the noiser can join the ever growing pile of unused equipment, almost enough to open my own store lol... 

Vibrations drive me nuts, noone else in the house seems to notice them or be bothered. My next step will be finding some sort of floor and wall insulation to put between it and the tent, in a rental so cant do any major renovations

Find 3 or 4 compression springs and hot glue them to the pump. They will absorb the vibes and prevent transmission into the floor. The springs need to be strong enough to hold the weight of the pump without compressing too much.