Good guy Spiders (not mites) in the tent. Worried of infestation in the house.

Chuckooo

Hi there, so I found these fellows in the tent. 

Now I know that they are the good guys and they eat all the bad guys, but it kind of seems like a lot and I'm worried about them getting out of my tent and into my house, causing an infestation. 

So my question is: anyone had an experience with these spiders in which they got out and caused trouble? Anyone know if they might? Are they outside dwellers that only live in springtime places (condition of the room)

They are on some strawberries and tomates that share the tent with 'wink wink' things. 

They are small and yellow with a black butt. 

They're definetely not mites, I've had encounters with those before and know these aren't them. 

I don't know how to upload pics here.

I will try.

Edited by Chuckooo

I've actually added a spider into my mum box, not sure what happened to it but proper spiders are your friend. Worries me that you found them in the tent, don't you have a mesh screen, and you use the term 'a lot'. lol

Well I leave it open at the moment cuz it's all vegging, but it does have the meshes. 

But yes, a lot a lot, in talking at 100. All around. I'm afraid they might jump out into other parts of the house. Should I just get rid of them?

Get vacuuming! Sounds like a large nest has burst open, check all the folds inside the tent. You ever dried outdoor weed in there?

Guess you've not seen baby spiders before, you probably had an egg 'cacoon' on one of your pots, wouldn't worry about it too much, I imagine most of them will die.

Edited by Mugwuffin

You didn't bring the strawberrys and toms from outside did you?

As for spiders generally, they are harmless in the grow room (and probably eat some unwanted critters) but I tend to remove them as I have a heart attack everytime I find a stray bit of web and then spend ages hunting around thinking I have mites :headpain:

• Like 2