ecothrive

billy wizz

I am looking for any tips on using ecothrive soil .ive grown in coco but this time i hope to get more flavour in using soil .thanks in advance .

Edited by billy wizz

1 minute ago, billy wizz said:

I am looking for any tips on using ecothrive soil .ive grown in coco but this time i hope to get more flavour in using soil .thanks in advance .

Ive used it and found getting the watering right to be difficult, when i have another go at it ill probably try using bluemats to get it more consistent 

• Like 1

On the most basic level just water it, make up some biosys every now and then and top dress with eco thrive and some worm castings every few weeks thats more or less the ecothrive system. It doesn't end there though, its the tip of the "living soil" Ice berg, a good introduction to the ethos. 

If flavour is what your after get you head in the no till, living soil threads and soak up that information. This one is brilliant http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/388053-building-the-mega-bed/

Blumats/blusoaks are really useful for watering. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 7

Just now, billy wizz said:

can i ph the water like i do in coco

No need to ph tbh the microbes take care of all that. Some people boil the water or leave over night or use a neutraliser to take out the chlorine/chloromine but that's also not essential.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

No need to ph tbh the microbes take care of all that. Some people boil the water or leave over night or use a neutraliser to take out the chlorine/chloromine but that's also not essential.

Have just read the washing up bowl grow very good thanks 4 the share .

• Like 1

Be aware of good and bad bugs,  I did a grow a couple years ago and the life in the soil threw me off.   Definitely gonna give it another go with more knowledge on controlling things. 

Soil and regenerative methods are the way forward, good luck 

Thanks for the input chief . can you change the ph of the water oganic like as not to kill good bugs? My water come in as 7.4 ph EC.0.2 whith nowt added  or leave the soil to manage its own ph? any help ta.

@billy wizz

If your going to give living soil a go you will need to forget most of the stuff you do in a hydro/coco setup including water ph.

If your just going for the ecothrive soil and bottled nutes then do not ph your water. 

If you are going to grow with ecothrive soil and dry amendments then do not ph your water. 

Trust the advice of the uk420 seasoned soil touchers! lol 

Seriously though the soil will buffer the water ph itself. :yep:

Edited by lildaveham
  • Like 5