Canna Terra Pro, levels of nutes

Lamster67

Hi all...quick question if i may.

I've started using Canna Terra Pro with 25% perlite, currently on week 4 of veg, after potting them up into their final pots(8ltr fabric root nurse) I've found them to be hungry for nitrogen after only a few days....what levels of N are in the canna terra?...last night i gave them a feed of terra vega at 2ml/l.

I've always thought they'd be good for at least a week before having to add nutrients to my water or are canna composts always light on the fertiliser?

Cheers Lamster 

If it's only been a couple of days maybe they haven't rooted into the new soil quite yet, and they may have consumed all from the smaller pot if they had 4 weeks in it. Only a guess, but I'd still give it a couple of days, the one feed you've given them should see them into the new pot. 8 liter pots shouldn't take long to root out either :yep:

• Like 1

Canna terra pro has very little of anything mate. It’s really for growers who want to control exactly what the plant is getting. The e.c is lower that biobizz light mix if I remember correctly. Anyway I use it myself. I love it for its structure not is nutrients. Get the feed cranked up. Should be like 50% strength grow nutrients at least now they’re big enough to be in a pot that size. 
all the best 

cc

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lamster67 said:

what levels of N are in the canna terra?.

I can't give you the N % but Canna terra and pro+ are both considered lighter mixes.

The orange bar is the E.C

large.gallery_8630_13899_280450.jpg

• Like 5

I use Canna Pro it seems to have way more nutrients than the pro +, which seemed to have f'all in. I never buy the pro + anymore. 

• Like 2