How many use Medical Cannabis? Lets hear, Good bad or sad.

gb1

yes cure is not the word ......as I learned here as well.. none of us are here for ever,,,,this idea seems to be forgotten when people are diagnosed and doctors start with their "cure" ideas...:unsure:

...was great to see my GP today...................at the grocery store..   He knows I won't see him anymore..

.unless its something small.. :)

As it turns out..he plans on doing more than 50% of his business from home without seeing anyone in person..but still sees people in person twice a week only. Asked him how that was going...He said he's sure he's better off than most in this ^%$@#@#

Keep at it !! :)

,,,I switch strains constantly ..and eat up to 2 or 3 grams of oil a day ...try to steer away from sugar .. drink lots of water..eat as best I can  ....

it only took my my entire life ..lol

15 hours ago, MissusRhapsody said:

currently medicating, I have a blog here on the site tracking progress. I don't think cannabis is a cure, but it definitely helps with pain and inflammation for me. But it isn't harmless - pain being medicated so you ignore it means you may not chase up something that needs medical attention. If I use more cannabis for pain, I go back into my consultant and see if they can figure out if anything else is going on. But in the meantime, it definitely makes the difference between getting through the day and wanting to pack it in because I'm not sure I can handle any more agony.

• Like 2

I have schizophrenia and take weed all the time. You would not know i had it. I like a nice sativa to get everything going because why run away from it while its all you have as a starting point for sure.

• Like 4

I have witnessed this as well @gb1 as it seems so much content has been removed or harder to find, I use Duck Duck Go for most of my searches but even in Google and YouTube the suggestions of videos to watch are different as well. This is a crying shame but what can we expect when a industry which to many could be seen as a cottage industry as the possibility or reaping billions of £'s, literally. Someone or some people don't want us to have the knowledge. I found out about apricot seeds / stones last year.....very beneficial for people but the info is hard to find.

Personally I suffer from pretty bad degenerative disc's which gives me chronic pain, I used to gobble down all the tablets they gave me which was fun when I was younger but they don't agree with me anymore. I seem to have a reaction to NSAID's means even Ibruprofen makes me feel ill and changes my personality taking them long term so the other medication they have offered just doesn't sound appealing at all looking at the possible side effects. Being one for a natural remedy I quickly found that certain strains really help with getting me out of pain but also getting going.

I find strong sativa's best for this with the uplifting high I go from being in pain and grumpy to happy as hell and doing all sorts of exercise and yoga to relieve the pain so its not just pain relief but it enables me to do more as well.

I have tried CBD in many forms but it just isn't enough on its own wtihout THC.

• Like 8

in Canada its against the law to sell the vitamin in apricot seeds they say it contains cyanide and "our" government advises against them!!!!!

.. ya  ..............same goes with anything that is cheap...helps.

..and they can't make millions off...   :wanker::furious:

• Like 3

I smoked originally at a young age then never wanted to stop when realised how much it helped me comunicate with other people and to think clearly, much much later I was diagnosed with aspergers and realised I had been self medicating the whole time.

• Like 2

For those interested in apricot kernel properties......

http://eprints.whiterose.ac.uk/83873/2/Bolarinwa.pdf

Google isn't holding results back in a way that makes stuff like this hard to find for me? 

That link came from a website called medicalnewstoday.com so hardly obscure 

Edit. It should be noted that they ARE toxic and consuming them raw in anything but a small quantity is pretty bad for you. They are safer once dried, crushed, cooked or treated but there is still a relatively low limit on how many you can eat safely.

Folks. Do your due diligence and examine your sources for credibility. Dont go taking something to make yourselves better that can kill you 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

For those interested in apricot kernel properties......

http://eprints.whiterose.ac.uk/83873/2/Bolarinwa.pdf

Google isn't holding results back in a way that makes stuff like this hard to find for me? 

That link came from a website called medicalnewstoday.com so hardly obscure 

Edit. It should be noted that they ARE toxic and consuming them raw in anything but a small quantity is pretty bad for you. They are safer once dried, crushed, cooked or treated but there is still a relatively low limit on how many you can eat safely.

Folks. Do your due diligence and examine your sources for credibility. Dont go taking something to make yourselves better that can kill you 

to your last point ...  

chemo and radiation included?.?.......... its OK in small amounts?:unsure:

I'm just being the "other guy here"   From what I have seen.  chemo or radiation are a last ditch attempt at making money off a person in their last time of life... :(

• Like 1

@gb1 I'm not really sure how to reply to that. 

I know what your saying. I'm just saying do your due diligence on anything you put in your body.

I suppose chemical and radio is included and it is up to the patient to make thier own informed choice. 

Just trying to make a point that its easy for someone to read some juju on the Internet and then go out and eat a whole packet of apricot kernels thinking they are doing good but poisoning themselves. 

A perfect example of this is the homeopathic community or for example colloidal silver drinkers.

There are a lot of website promoting its benefits. Very few showing its negative impact on the body 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

@gb1 I'm not really sure how to reply to that. 

I know what your saying. I'm just saying do your due diligence on anything you put in your body.

I suppose chemical and radio is included and it is up to the patient to make thier own informed choice. 

Just trying to make a point that its easy for someone to read some juju on the Internet and then go out and eat a whole packet of apricot kernels thinking they are doing good but poisoning themselves. 

A perfect example of this is the homeopathic community or for example colloidal silver drinkers.

There are a lot of website promoting its benefits. Very few showing its negative impact on the body 

agreed wholeheartedly! :)

• Like 2

Nice thread @gb1

A neighbour of mine had a brain tumour for 10 years, multiple chemo, radiology, surgery etc. When I found out he only had 2 months to live, and I had copious amounts of weed sitting in my house following a big outdoor grow, multiple strains, cbd etc, I couldn't just stand back and do nothing. 

I didn't really know him at all, just to say hello to across the street so I plucked up the courage and knocked on his door and offered my help which he gratefully accepted. 

I researched like a nutter, read loads of your own posts gb1 which were a huge help thank you. Made some seriously high grade medicinal capsules and got him on the program. Unfortunately he died about 6 months later but what a six months it was! Good, bad and sometimes terrible.... like when his 16 year old son nicked some capsules from his dad, had em with his mates and they all ended up having a very bad night haha and his wife wanted to pull the plug and call the police. Or when half of my village found out that I was supplying him with cannabis when neighbours started to ask why he wasn't dying lol..... and he told them ffs. 

Anyway, the caps allowed him to come off his anti seizure medication and he went from having them daily to zero almost overnight. His doctors couldn't understand why he wasn't in more pain and discomfort in his last weeks and months, and crucially he lived long enough to see a bonus Christmas and his 50th birthday so whilst weed didn't save him, it made a huge difference to his quality of life and that of his family. 

That was about 2 years ago. Ever since I've been taking caps daily for myself at night time with 50mg of cannabinoids per capsule. Since then I 100% have never been ill, ever. I was always healthy and led a healthy lifestyle but I still got colds etc and I suffered from cold sores about 5 times a year. Never had a cold, flu, temperature or cold sore since, never had an infection to an open wound whereas before I'd always get them. 

Got my wife onto some cbd capsules (home grown, home made, high mg) to try to fix her migraines that were getting pretty bad. Overnight they went - I kid you not! 

It took me about a year to convince her to take them and then annoyingly, she accidently took one of my thc heavy capsules about 6 months ago and had a horrific night (she don't do THC) and ever since she has stopped taking the caps. Migraines came back soon after but her fear of another bad trip is just too great to get her migrain free again :wallbash:

I've been applying oil daily on a mole that looks dodgy. I'm about 3 months in and it hasn't really made any difference despite the claims. I'm actually quite glad about this as I don't want to blindly believe it can fix everything, so I suppose I'm finding out what it can and can't do. 

Cannabis is amazing for treating illness but it's not for everyone (maybe even the majority?) when dosages need to be high. Also it doesn't cure everything (obviously) but I can safely say that it will be left front and center of my medicinal cabinet for the rest of my life. 

Edited by Topdeck
  • Like 4

On 2021-03-16 at 7:26 PM, Topdeck said:

her fear of another bad trip is just too great

I have a post somewhere about this. It wast nice. Took 200 mgs cause I thought I was chronic..boy was I wrong....:bangin:

after that nasty experience...I figured what I had been told was IMPOSSIBLE by people ingesting grams of this stuff which sent me for a loop ...greened out...Ive been high on many things but this was something I had NO CLUE about..it was strong and the next day I did not want to do it again.

Thankfully I was convinced to LISTEN and do what I was told .... take a LITTLE BIT and work my way up .

It took my 8 weeks to get up to a gram a day ,,going up from there wasn't hard.

I gave my Ex .007 a gram and it sent her for a two day loop  ..Everyone is different and this stuff is STRONG

she WILL NOT TRY it again  :( but I did recently get her to use it topically instead of injections....-for Arthur Itis as she calls it

• Like 3