How many use Medical Cannabis? Lets hear, Good bad or sad.

gb1

I will go first.

To this day,

I use cannabis oil to help stave off stage 4 colon cancer with metastasis outside my colon as well as to my liver.

Have had heart valve repair surgery and three small strokes as a result of a bad decision to have the leak repaired....

Still here after 10 years now and VERY THANKFUL...

this site and the people here helped save my life, in regards to eating cannabis oil for cancer.

the info I used to help is disappearing off the net.

Are any from the movie project storm still alive?

Seeing films from people who have used cannabis to help them............... being taken down off you tube and off public sites is sad... :(

• Like 22

Sorry to hear of your illness. I don't know if there is has been a considered effort to take down useful information about medicinal cannabis or not. I hope not. I'm going to check.

My wife was diagonsed with MS in 2007. She already used cannabis recreationally. But she has becaome to appreciate it therapeutically, especially with the paresthesia she experiences in her foot.

I learnt how to make cannabutter (for cooking) & various tinctures from the internet which have been a benefit to our family.

• Like 9

I started off using recreationally but soon discovered that canna is great for anxiety, I'll admit that when I get very stoned it can actually make me worse but overall I find that my mental health is much more stable when I frequently consume canna, I'd imagine a lower THC and higher CBD would help so I plan to grow a few CBD plants next time round 

Using cannabutter to make cookies has to be my favourite way to consume!

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Lux_Interior said:

Sorry to hear of your illness.

That's OK Mr. :)

I'm hear to yap about it and that is what counts!:notworthy:

• Like 6

Diagnosed with stage 4b blood cancer.

went straight on the oil.

told I had weeks to live.....that was nearly three years ago.

told I was going to be in an isolation ward for two to three months....had a few big neat joints....set a new hospital record....out in 18 days after BEAM.

Mum told to go home and die....that was 18months ago.... started her on butter immediately....her cancer continues to shrink despite the doctor scratching his head.

doesn’t work for everyone unfortunately.....but for most it’s lifesaving 

:skin_up:

• Like 17

I've been reading positive things about CBG (which is the precursor to THC and CBD) as a potential treatment for Colon Cancer recently. There's not many high CBG strains available at the moment but it's definitely something you might want to consider adding to your treatment.

I started to grow for medical reasons though not yet for myself, just friends and family. This had the added benefit of a free supply for me personally. Although I get a lot of personal enjoyment out of helping people and it's where I like to focus my efforts when I have the opportunity. 

• Like 8

if you’ve got 10 mins this is an awesome in-depth read into what goes on..

Targeting Cannabinoid Signaling in the Immune System: “High”-ly Exciting Questions, Possibilities, and Challenges

It is well known that certain active ingredients of the plants of Cannabisgenus, i.e., the “phytocannabinoids” [pCBs; e.g., (−)-trans-Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), (−)-cannabidiol, etc.] can influence a wide array of biological processes, and the human body is able to produce endogenous analogs of these substances [“endocannabinoids” (eCB), e.g., arachidonoylethanolamine (anandamide, AEA), 2-arachidonoylglycerol (2-AG), etc.]. These ligands, together with multiple receptors (e.g., CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors, etc.), and a complex enzyme and transporter apparatus involved in the synthesis and degradation of the ligands constitute the endocannabinoid system (ECS), a recently emerging regulator of several physiological processes. The ECS is widely expressed in the human body, including several members of the innate and adaptive immune system, where eCBs, as well as several pCBs were shown to deeply influence immune functions thereby regulating inflammation, autoimmunity, antitumor, as well as antipathogen immune responses, etc. Based on this knowledge, many in vitro and in vivo studies aimed at exploiting the putative therapeutic potential of cannabinoid signaling in inflammation-accompanied diseases (e.g., multiple sclerosis) or in organ transplantation, and to dissect the complex immunological effects of medical and “recreational” marijuana consumption. Thus, the objective of the current article is (i) to summarize the most recent findings of the field; (ii) to highlight the putative therapeutic potential of targeting cannabinoid signaling; (iii) to identify open questions and key challenges; and (iv) to suggest promising future directions for cannabinoid-based drug development

my interest grew in medical cannabis when i broke my back when i was 21 :ouch:

:yinyang:

• Like 5

Modulating the endocannabinoid system in human health and disease: successes and failures

Pál Pacher and George Kunos

Additional article information

Abstract

The discovery of the endocannabinoid system (ECS; comprising of G-protein coupled cannabinoid 1 and 2 receptors, their endogenous lipid ligands or endocannabinoids, and synthetic and metabolizing enzymes, triggered an avalanche of experimental studies that have implicated the ECS in a growing number of physiological/pathological functions.

The results of these studies have implicated the ECS in a variety of physiopathological processes, both in the peripheral and central nervous systems and in various peripheral organs.

They further suggested that modulating ECS activity may have therapeutic potential in almost all diseases affecting humans, including

obesity/metabolic syndrome

diabetes and diabetic complications

neurodegenerative

inflammatory

cardiovascular

liver

gastrointestinal

skin diseases

pain

psychiatric disorders

cachexia

cancer

chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting

among many others..

• Like 5

i always thought myself a recreational user till i realised it was pure medicine for adhd/autism, i have anger issues anxiety and more, it appears to keep rheumatics at bay i just get little flare ups occasionally, is brilliant for the mind and my mental health in general. wife was diagnosed with Ms near 40 years ago now she has multiple vascular disease and vapes more than me everyday. having a cannabis mind is beautiful going into old age

• Like 10

On 04/03/2021 at 7:25 AM, twigs said:

Modulating the endocannabinoid system in human health and disease: successes and failures

Pál Pacher and George Kunos

Additional article information

Abstract

The discovery of the endocannabinoid system (ECS; comprising of G-protein coupled cannabinoid 1 and 2 receptors, their endogenous lipid ligands or endocannabinoids, and synthetic and metabolizing enzymes, triggered an avalanche of experimental studies that have implicated the ECS in a growing number of physiological/pathological functions.

The results of these studies have implicated the ECS in a variety of physiopathological processes, both in the peripheral and central nervous systems and in various peripheral organs.

They further suggested that modulating ECS activity may have therapeutic potential in almost all diseases affecting humans, including

obesity/metabolic syndrome

diabetes and diabetic complications

neurodegenerative

inflammatory

cardiovascular

liver

gastrointestinal

skin diseases

pain

psychiatric disorders

cachexia

cancer

chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting

among many others..

Great post.....I can personally vouch for the chemo sickness and skin problems.

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 3

I am autistic for sure, I think its called high functioning autism (aspergers seems the closest fit) it wasnt something you heard about when I was a kid. Its hasnt affected my life in a negative way and if anything I have used it as a gift, embraced the mathematics and numbers and it enriched my life. For definite

I dont feel like I want a formal diagnosis, dont need a label I thionk I can look after myself just fine, as long as I have cannabis! The mental effects of cannabis are like medicine for my emotions, I am like a woman in a lot of ways, very emotional and I over think things a lot especially when your not stoned its other peoples emotions and intentions thts the most challlenging and cannabis after a day in the real world helps me put things into sections and experiences

People always talk about the physical benefits RSO and what not provide, its easy to understand isnt it, theres an endo cannabinoid sytstem in every verterbrae I have read, thats how ancient it is, way older than humans for sure.

A lot of people seem oblivious to the mental effets cannabis can play, I might struggle to cope with people if I couldnt get stoned and think fuck you, its the psychosomatic effects that are often overlooked as the physical efects are so magical people cant stop talking about it!

• Like 16

On 2021-03-03 at 2:26 PM, zen-ken said:

D

doesn’t work for everyone unfortunately.....but for most it’s lifesaving 

:skin_up:

That is awesome to hear for sure!!!

Everyone is different and a key point to try other strains if the ones you are using don't seem to work...they have been studying cannabis and its effects on cancer here in canada for 25 plus years but can say it kills tumors ...............it kills cancer in one person but no the next.......so keep trying other strains and use hospitals for tests to confirm :) they are trying to figure out why that is...

• Like 3

I use it to help control:

Degenerative Spinal Stenosis ~ Chronic pain

Arthritis

Parkinson's Disease

General getting old stuff, entropy gets everyone in the end!

• Like 7

right ,I have learned how to make RSO mainly from @Graywolf on this side and started to self medicate my high blood pressure and back pain which after 2 years turned out it was a kidney cancer.My back pain and blood pressure corrected themselves thanks to oil to the point I was discharged -so this could be viewed as the only negative potentionally

• Like 5

currently medicating, I have a blog here on the site tracking progress. I don't think cannabis is a cure, but it definitely helps with pain and inflammation for me. But it isn't harmless - pain being medicated so you ignore it means you may not chase up something that needs medical attention. If I use more cannabis for pain, I go back into my consultant and see if they can figure out if anything else is going on. But in the meantime, it definitely makes the difference between getting through the day and wanting to pack it in because I'm not sure I can handle any more agony.

• Like 2